Repeating Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah

by Davros 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Davros
    Davros

Went to a meeting after a long absence. After being away for so long, its still the same old thing. (this was a couple of weeks ago before the zoom thing)

The opening Prayer He must have said Jehovah about 50 times. "we thank you Jehovah, for your guidence Jehovah, and Jehovah, we ask that you help us pay attention Jehovah, to the meeting Jehovah.....

Seriously!!! And every answer to a question is always....Jehovah. It reminded me of a Simpsons episode where the answer Bart always gave was.."Is it the Leader"?

Why must they use Gods name so much? I know they are called Jehovah's Witnesses but come on......

Like Stewie on Family Guy calling... Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mommy, Mama, Mama....Unitl finally Lois shouts. WHAT!!!

(Yes, I know I used two cartoon references in this post, but look where Ive been....)

• Spiral
    Spiral

Because it's like a good luck charm. Really, all they have going for them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What did you expect, this religion was based on lies deception, coercion and man made corruption.

Not exactly a good example of Christian values posed in righteousness.

It has enacted itself as commercialized false prophet which scripturaly is an apostate sin.

Since that was and is the platform to how it was created, its going to continue on that platform until it radically has to reform due to low attendance.

Don't hold your breath upon that.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

they keep repeating His name in case he isnt paying attention.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

JWbrainwashing had a good parody of an old drama, he or she sliced together all the times they said Jehovah. It just repeated it over and over. Kinda funny, and kinda real and as annoying as heck. It is gone now. I think JWBrainwashing is PIMO, because he or she immediately took down all the vids that wt wanted taken down. They were parody and not just copies. Anyway... Jehovah!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

screenshot from Monty Pythons ''life of brian'', where the poor old man is about to be stoned for uttering the word Jehovah.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Inarticulate people use "cuss words" in place of the words they lack to express themselves. This isn't an option for JW's (at least while they're praying) so to make up for lack of content, they insert the word Jehovah to flesh out their prayers. Praying in front of others isn't an easy thing to do and coming up with new material each time is even worse.

• Testeverything
    Testeverything

I am attempting to point out to people the fact that they are violating the 3rd commandment, by Using what They Think is the name of God Excessively; which is a further demonstration that they could not Possibly be the "True Religion that God speaks through" If you violate/break one commandment, you might as well break them all......

Shalom

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Personally I would be pissed at people who constantly called me by a name that wasn't mine.

It shows a lack of respect and love does it not ?

• waton
    waton

dont be like the nations that repeat the same word[s] over and over again. Using the name that way is an attempt to add weight to a puny message by framing it into the might locked up in the universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit