Ok...I'm new here

by Whatever 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Whatever, Realizing that everything you were taught the first 18years of your life was bogus, can be pretty traumatic. It can leave a big hole. "Melancholia and pessimism", are probably healthy reactions to such a situation as is questioning the idea of god that you were raised with. For now be gentle, kind and patient with yourself. You have been emotionally an psychologically abused, and have had the rug pulled out from under you. Coming here was probably a wise choice. You will see your story told here by others, and receive compassion and understanding. Glad you are here.

jamesT

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome whatever!

Give yourself some time to heal. Stick around and you will find some positive feelings here.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Welcome, Whatever!

Rosemarie

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Welcome whatever! You will find a lot of interesting information here, some useful, some funny , and some just plain silly. Think of this as a new adventure in your life and remember you can't change your past, you can only move on from here and mold your future. I try to keep that in mind. My heart aches for you when you describe your childhood because I have two children 18 and 14 and we just left over the last year and a half and I see my children struggling with what you have described. It troubles me so much when I know I did this to them. I thought I was doing the right thing and it just kills me to know I've probably scarred them with the way I brought them up. My 14 year old still tries to be different in school by doing weird things with her hair it's almost like she just doesn't feel comfortable being normal. I'm working with her.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome aboard.....errrrr....whatever....

ESTEE

• rocketman
    rocketman

Welcome whatever!

It sounds like you had a rough time of it growing up. And yes, field service is difficult for all but perhaps the most extroverted people. And of course, some of the other matters you mentioned make things very tough on a young person - any person, for that matter.

In time, as you explore more issues, you may indeed begin to decide things for yourself with regard to political issues, etc. When you are a jw, they try to keep you engrossed in their religion and way of thinking, so upon coming out we do feel like 'fish out of water'. I know for me, I was so busy with jw related matters that I had no time to even read the newspaper or watch news on TV.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Welcome to the board. You will find many different opinions here which is the way it should be. However, some may find this difficult to deal with as we've all spent time getting our opinion out of the Watchtower and didn't use any other source of information. So, listen to all the opinions expressed here and in the news media, and come to your own conclusions. You are obviously intelligent so this shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

Best wishes, Bug

• Valis
    Valis

Greetings Whatever...Welcome to the forum! Like Burmmie says, stick around and you may see some light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Whatever
    Whatever

Hi everyone, and thank you for the wonderful greetings. I haven't been able to check back on the comments that I got until today; and it really did make me feel good to see that so many thought enough even just to welcome me to the site. I honestly haven't had much time to check out this site too much so far; but I plan on checking it out some right now.

Againk, thanks for so many nice replies. Makes me hopeful. .... and as far as how I'm feeling right now..... I think that probably most people really start trying to figure out what everything means and the typical question of "why we are here" when they get to my age/point in their life. I just think that I have the added disability and frustration of growing up like a did. And it's not just that I was a JW; there were other issues like money, location, and parent's personalities that added to it. But I've now been with my boyfriend for over 3 years and I STILL get the WOW sensation when I listen to him tell stories of growing up in a "normal" household. (

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit