Former DO comments on Overlapping Generations

by James Jack 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I believed your earlier post!!! Damn it! You got me. We have another John Aquila on our hands. I'm calling BS!
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Wow! It's a small world. I've been wondering about Morlan. I was at a dist conv in Tennessee in '84 or '85. It was the one during which the serious announcement was made at the end about 1986 being declared "The International Year of Peace" by the UN. Morlan had a part at that convention. I think back then he was a special pio.

He had a pretty daughter about my age. At that convention, she kept looking at me in a way as to indicate interest. It was not in a dirty or cheap way, but I could just tell she was interested. I was interested in her, too, but did not get to meet her at that convention. I found out shortly thereafter that she fell over dead while on the phone with a friend; she had a brain aneurysm. I remember being depressed because I had a crush on her.

Morlan seemed to be a hard worker. I heard stories about the sacrifices he made. I think he was one who really believed it and gave it his all.

I'd love to know what's really going on in his mind now.

His reply was, "I am going to make it till Armageddon, but if I should die before then, then the Governing Body is going to have to add another Overlapping Generation to another Overlapping Generations"!

I don't really follow that. Do you know what he meant?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Ignoranceisbliss, I'm 100% with you on John Aquila, but I think James Jack is for real. I like your skepticism, though. I think too many people defended John Aquila and never realized his stuff was BS. I fell for it at first, but finally saw the light.
  • Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

I heard Morlan speak about ten years ago at my local KH. He packed the house. People came from neighboring congregations just to hear this talk he was known for giving on Revelation. It was just about the most urgent, convincing, and exciting "last days of the last days" talk I ever heard. Everyone hung on his every word, and he seemed so convicted of his material he could barely contain his own excitement. He really knew his stuff, could explain JW end times doctrine backwards and forwards and really sell it.

In light of this James Jack's story is very interesting indeed. I think some longtime DO's who are both heavily invested and knowledgable are among the most likely to have deconstructed the GB's doctrines over the years. Whether or not they can see that it's all BS I think depends more on their emotional state than on any lack of intellectual capability.

• sir82
    sir82

I remember the name, he was our DO a number of years ago, but like pretty much all DOs, I remember virtually nothing about him. Unless you were the elite of the elite, you only heard the guy talk from the stage a couple times a year, and they all pretty much gave the same talk.

It's funny that someone so brain-dead loyal would come up with the very same idea that has been discussed hundreds of times on this board (why stop at one overlap?). Maybe he sneaks a peak here? Or (more likely) some family member reads here and has been subtly dropping ideas in his head.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "I am going to make it till Armageddon, but if I should die before then..."

Well, is he or isn't he? He doesn't sound sure.

• freddo
    freddo

If his daughter dropped down dead he has double reason to hang on to the resurrection belief. He is emotionally in at age 77 because he looks down the twin barrels of his own coming demise and his daughter's previous one ...

He has been cast aside by the organizaton that used up every last drop of his energy and zeal and he enjoyed the ride and adulation. That's on one level.

On another level both he and their end time prophecies have simply run out of time.

• James Jack
    James Jack

blondie

Yes, was in Gadsden that Ray Franz was DF in. In a earlier post I mentioned that for years I had worked closely with 2 members of the Judicial Committee, (Dibble & French), on the Circuit and District, RBC level.

Richard Morlan is attending the same congregation(East), that all the parties attended. In fact, the house he is living in is a Cousin of Gregerson.

The CO/DO in the 80's that had moved to Gadsden to live and direct the JC was Willie Anderson. Willie, passed away about 15 years ago, his wife is still but, moved to Atlanta to be with their daughter 3 years ago. And boy did she have some stories to tell about the whole thing.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    Ignoranceisbliss

What's wrong with you? I give names and real stories. Would giving phone numbers and addresses make my experiences more credible?
  • James Jack
    James Jack

Magnum

Morlan is borderline on the genius/crazy stage when it comes to his humor. You have to listen to his every word, and sometimes you have to pause and say to yourself... what did he say? One time to told us a a Pioneer Meeting, he told us his best job was working on a Garbage Truck because he was able to "bring home good furniture, bicycles, etc.

I believe he was serious about adding another generation to the teaching. Almost like he would be pissed about it if they did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit