Chipotle says employees can make $100,000 after just 3 years on the job

by Iamallcool 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

That’s not entirely uncommon for high end managers and regional managers of fast food places, especially as they get bonuses and profit sharing. I knew a girl once that was a Radio Shack manager that made a ton of money too, I couldn’t believe how much a good sales month would bring in bonuses.

Waitresses made an average of $50k before the pandemic between a $12/h average taxable wage and an average of $13/h untaxed tips (which quite honestly I can’t believe is that low as doing 6 tables/hour should give you ~$50 around here)

Good employees deserve to be payed well. The problem recently however is that the government handouts have killed the job market. Why go to work when between unemployment and other poverty benefits you effectively make $45k/y doing nothing at home. This is driving the cost of commodities up as people need to be paid effectively $25/h or more for ANY job, even the low-end simplest jobs.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Chipotle, along with many American businesses these days, are just trying to actually hire people to work for them. The key word there is "work." You know, the thing the Biden administration and their cronies are paying people NOT to do?

Gee, I wonder what happens if we just give away everything to the entitled and lazy for free, take away or reduce taxes on non-producers, allow mobs to burn and destroy businesses, and then demonize those who actually want to produce and protect the hard-earned assets that actually DRIVE our economy?

A free market means businesses should compete with each other, NOT with the government.

The brain-dead Far Lefty crowd strikes again.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Not impressed. Of course SOMEBODY will make $100,000 after 3 years of job promotions. Not the average person. The average person will be lucky to make $15 an hour which is not enough to live on.

That's like Mary Kay who claims all their recruits can drive pink Cadillacs. No, only a very tiny percentage of people, and if they don't make their sales for one month they lose it. Look at the website Pink Truth. It's an addictive rabbit hole about the cult of Mary Kay. So many JW vibes.

Advertising about the amount that a handful of employees will make in 3 years time is no way to fill empty jobs. People want to know what they can actually expect to make. Maybe offering an upfront signing bonus would do the job better. Or creating better schedules where people aren't knocked off the schedule when it's not busy and then demanded to come in with only 24 hours notice. They have that reputation. So maybe they should fix that problem. People don't want to be treated like robots. If they want robots, then they should get some.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Have you ever seen who gets promoted to management from the rank and file workers? Not to mention, based on the rest of the article, it's probably BS or literally a one in a million chance. And have you ever seen a retail manager that looks happy? You couldn't pay me enough to manage a crew of unmotivated entitled low wage workers. Don't forget, management is a salaried position so you'll likely be working 80+ hours a week.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@GreatTeacher:

What are you buying to not have $15/h be enough? $15 at a regular 9-5 full-time job is $30,000/y in straight cash (as those wages enjoy negative tax rates) and with government subsidies roughly a $3000/month net income.

Rent: $500-700 (~1/2 of that paid for by government)

Car payment: $200-300 (I've paid that amount for a luxury sedan and a mid-size suv)

Insurance: $0 (paid for by government)

Health care: $0 (paid for by government)

Cell phone plan: $0 (paid for by government)

Public transportation: $0 (paid for by government)

Food: $500/month ($500 paid for by government)

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Try rent at $2000 a month.

No government subsidies. It's that sweet spot where you make too much for help and not enough to live on. Except healthcare depending on whether your state picked up the Medicare expansion or not.

We shouldn't be paying people so little that they have to resort to public subsidies anyhow.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@GrreatTeacher: I have a 2-family ~3000 sq ft house with 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and an acre of land. I pay $1200 in mortgage + taxes.

$2000/month? Minimum wage does not entitle you to a mansion or live in a penthouse apartment somewhere. Neither do you need to live downtown SF or NYC, move out to somewhere cheaper, there are currently 8M job openings in the US.

The "sweet spot" where you make too much for help and not enough to live on is ~$44000. I've lived through the range of incomes, even then, my girlfriend got pregnant and we got $1200/month in food checks - for 2 people with a then-combined income of ~$100k - yeah, that was a LOT of food given out to family and friends.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Good for you. The modest 3 bedroom house next door to me is no more than 1500 square feet and rents for $2700 a month.

My mortgage is less than that because I bought my house years ago.

My son will never be able to afford to live in the neighborhood where he grew up.

I'm not moving because this is my home. The entire state has gotten expensive because of population growth pressure. It doesn't mean I should have to move out to BFE to live.

It does mean, however, that employers need to offer higher wages to fill local jobs. We already have a seafood shortage because no one can afford to work in picking houses and HB1 visas have been stopped which used to supply the cheap labor. And this in the state of Maryland defined by its seafood industry as well as coastal tourism.

Also, my MIL lives on Social Security alone and gets $40 a month in food stamps.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Honestly, 100k over a 3 year period is not that impressive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit