our secret dating got caught...

by trueloveneverfails94 57 Replies latest social relationships

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Think this through properly, as there are some options here:

1. You stay with the girl and become a JW for life. Result: the rest of your life you'll be afraid of what other JW people think of your behaviour and choices. Just like you are now after holding hands (FFS!)
    2. You stay with the girl and become a JW, but after a while you see JW stuff is bullsh!t. Result: by that time you will have JW friends and family, and they will shun you. Your girl will hate you for leaving JW and you likely break up.
    3. You stay with the girl but you don't become a JW. Result: the rest of your life your girl will be afraid of what other JW people think of your behaviour and choices, and she'll be made to feel guilty for being with you. Fun!
    4. You don't become a JW and your girl dumps you for it. You'll be heartbroken for being dumped, but then you'll be OK.
    5. You don't become a JW and you walk away from the girl. You'll be heartbroken, but then you'll be ok.
    6. You both walk away from JW. Her friends and family will shun both of you. She will need your support, because it will be hard. But then you'll be OK.

Now, act like a man: decide which road you want to travel, and go for it. Don't say we didn't warn you....

Good luck!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Kingdumb hall? You're trolling right?
  • trueloveneverfails94
    trueloveneverfails94
    well that's how I feel like at the moment.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    I gladly don't have any friends,family,and relatives that are witnesses who are going to shun me.

Truelove,

I'm a non-witness who has gone down the path you're going. I read the sentence above and I have to ask you - do those words, in any way, sound selfish? I think I can speak to you on a different level.

Sweetheart, you are coming from an environment where anything other than unconditional love is considered maniacal. You can make just about any decision you want and your loved ones can express their displeasure but will continue to love you, speak to you, interact with you and hope nothing but the best for you. YOU KNOW NOTHING ELSE. This is our norm. Should you discontinue this JW path, your family will appreciate your decision, but the notion of being welcomed back like the prodigal son in the Scriptures who physically left?... Little different for those of us who have nothing to lose. Social media, telecommunications devices etc allow us to remain in touch with family and YOUR FAMILY WON'T BE TOLD BY ANYONE TO ABANDON YOU. Given what I've read so far, I suspect that you wouldn't do so well if this happened to you.

When I applied the ramifications of failing to follow a rule and having NOBODY communicate with me for many years and quite possibly the rest of my life... I'm talking immediate family who you spent all of your formative 21 years with... I don't know about you, but I can't breathe. It sounds weird, but seriously, all we have is our imagination. Close your eyes and try to make it real.

I don't know where you are in their lesson plan, but putting yourself under this yoke for her sake and suffering together is not love. That little voice inside of you that's suggesting that something's not right is going to get louder as you continue down this road of oppression. I came to realize that what they do speaks so loudly that it's hard to hear what they're saying. One poster describes their actions as making weapons out of a person's loved ones. Is that the future you want for your family? Do you really want to co-sign onto that?

Do you even remember what truly unconditional love and support is from within a religious institution? I need for you to go back to where you were before subscribing to JWism and imagine how proud of your past you would be if you two could walk into a church - hand and hand, and get an opportunity to sit next to the girl of your dreams. You could proudly introduce her as your future wife. This would be followed by a "congratulations" and an immediate respect for the two of you being honest and the potential future of your relationship by those around you with a loving and supportive respect for the "arrangement" that you two are pursuing. I think you know she would collapse into the welcoming arms of the love, support and acceptance the two of you would receive.

Which environment seems more loving to you right now? Forget doctrine. Despite what you're being told - that's not God. Love is. Sincerely think about it. Which do you want to proudly offer people? The one you're pursuing or the one you've left?

Don't forget, he who the Son sets free is free indeed. She is not free - and right now, neither are you.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    The main thing is not to panik 😨😨
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

If she is determined to stay in the religion, then I think it's best if you break it off until you are baptized. It doesn't sound like you are committed to the religion and you are doing her a disservice to continue with the relationship until you are sure that is what you want. Although I no longer believe in the religion, and think their rules are silly, she does believe in it, she has made a commitment to live by those rules. You don't want her to get into trouble or hurt her relationship with her parents or make her feel bad about her relationship with God, and that is what will happen if you continue in like this. And you should not go forward with baptism just because you want this girl, that's a terrible reason to make a life changing decision.

I was in a similar situation back in the day, I totally get it. I knew a non JW guy, we were so right for each other. But I broke it off because I wanted to live the JW life. Amazingly we got together many years later, but I had to go through a lot and learn some things before I realized that this religion wasn't "the truth". I don't think it would have worked if I had gone ahead with the relationship, I wasn't ready, I would have felt guilty and been miserable. I had to deal with the religion first before I could be a good wife to a non JW guy

Just my 2cents

• honest
    honest

You say you are not becoming a jw for her yet you disagree with many watchtower teachings? You do realise that once baptised you can not disagree with any of their teachings with out facing harsh consequences. Do you really want to live a life that is run like a totalitarian state? You will be dictated on all aspects of life including marital sexual positions. Why are you really Contemplating joining a cult that destroys families, mandates shunning of anyone who leaves, encourages you to limit association with non believing family and friends? Your family are very right to be against you becoming a jehovah's witness. They fear loosing you. That fear is justified.

If you ever decide to leave the cult and she remains a jw, your relationship is doomed. Have you done extensive research?

I don't mean to offend you, but the majority of new recruits are usually those who are uneducated and from third world countries with limited internet access. I find it difficult to believe that in this modern age that anyone of intelligence and mentally stable would join them.

In saying that though many intelligent people do join cults and for the life of me I don't understand it!

Unless you are really joining because of her 😉 and that my friend is a recipe for disaster.

I hope you do extensive research outside watchtowers literature. This will help you understand that Watchtower has and continues to lie to its members yet expects total obedience even with their ever constant changing doctrines. You show a little of that disobedience and independent thinking now by not agreeing with them with everything, this will not be tolerated once baptised, do you really want to loose the freedom to think independently?

Please go to

Jwfacts.com

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Oh, young love. I was 21 once and loved someone then, not the same as who I love now. I know right now it seems like the pain of heartache will never go away but somehow we go on. I first started looking into JWs because I had/have a romantic interest in an inactive, but still indoctrinated, JW. For me, even inactive-but-indoctrinated was too much because I kept thinking about the future. What would it look like? Never able to share birthdays or create special memories at holidays with someone I loved so much. More of the same with any future children because they would live "the best way of life"(TM)...er, because of manmade rules with no rhyme or reason. Every discovery about the JWs has been shocking. How has a web of lies been so effective at keeping 8 million-plus people in bondage? So I've stepped away for now, but who knows what may the future may bring?

Maybe you and your girlfriend can make it work. Just know indoctrination is real and human love does not conquer all. You'll have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it. Don't get baptized and ask questions while you can. Make the decisions about the girl and joining the religion separately. If it's a package deal, from what I've learned here, you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of unrest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit