1975 and 1981?

by Steel 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

L.H.G.,

You couldn't have read all mom's posts or mine or you would have seen her death notice. I know I said I was going away, and I am for a while. But I can't leave this unanswered. Yes, I'm on mom's account. My name is Annie [Anastasia]. Mom went by Rachael, one of her 'middle' names. Mom was 41 when she died. She was an educator and writer. She was born in Reno when Grandpa was a professor at University of Nevada. Mom was Austrian-American. Dad was born in Inverness, Scotland. I was born in Washington State.

The death notice on a blog she was co-owner of

https://truthhistory.blogspot.com/2019/03/our-princess.html

Tributes to Mom are here and elsewhere:

http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.com/2019/05/my-heart-is-broken-rachael-devienne.html

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The fact is the WTS/JWS is a lying corrupt fraud of a religious publishing house and as organization identifying itself as true Christians.

1975 was calculated corruptly by using a 6000 year of mankind's existence calculation which the organization had used previously twice before, once in the early 1900's, in the early 1940's and and again in the late 1960's

Even setting a specific date/year is an act of apostasy against Jesus's own words to those who set a date of the new Kingdom upon god's own sacred time, for he himself does not know but only the father.

So from Scripture we can see that teaching and propagating a date /time is a sin and and an act of apostasy.

What the WTS will do though and have done over the years is shit on people who are wanting to uphold the bible and the words and direction of Jesus Christ.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    The Watchtower does not believe in "the end of the world."

Only they do. This is what they were teaching in the lead-up to 1975 and continue to teach today:

End of the World

“The world is passing away and so is its desire,” says 1 John 2:17. What is that “world”? How and when will it pass away?

What is the “world” that will end?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Because the world in question has ‘desires’ that merit God’s disapproval, it is obviously not the literal earth. Rather, it is the world of mankind who disregard God, making themselves his enemy. (James 4:4) The people who make up that world “will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction.” (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) On the other hand, people who remain “no part of the world,” in obedience to Jesus Christ, have the prospect of everlasting life.​—John 15:19.

Indeed, 1 John 2:17 concludes: “The one who does the will of God remains forever.” Yes, that one has the prospect of everlasting life right here on earth, as stated at Psalm 37:29: “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”

Search also, site:jw.org world ends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has used the end of the world or system of things (Armageddon) "SOON" as a luring strategy to cultivate loyal devoted members, as in join are organization and survive or stay out and die.

This imposing psychology of fear has been used and exploited by the WTS to lure people into the organization where they can be exploited for free labor (distributing the WTS's own literature) and money.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The OP later asks,

"I don’t doubt 1975. I am more interested in how they closed the door to people trying to escape. Was there actually a policy change in 1981?"

This is an important question. Especially for those currently studying, or non-JW family members who don't understand why former JWs are horrifically shunned.

I'm also interested in marking. What year did they add "marking", which goes right along with DA and DF status, and do they still practice it today?

Is/was marking for behaviors that threatened the spiritual cleanliness of the congregation, or rather a way to weed-out those who studied their bibles too closely and developed valid doctrinal questions like those Randy Watters reported from the '80s Bethel purge?

Both? When?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIENNE:

Sorry about your mom..So young!..I must’ve missed it..It’s almost impossible to read through all of everybody’s posts - even if you like the poster.

Good luck.

• LV101
    LV101

Beautiful name, Anastasia (Annie). Your beloved mommy was brilliant so you come by it honestly. Interesting info about your family and Grandfather. I love the University of NV at Reno - old, beautiful, campus. It's received awards and is now one of the leading medical universities in the country - great area and has the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains.

Take care of yourself and come back soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit