This Forum is used by Bethel rodents to address member doubts in future magazine studies

by Tenacious 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Don't you find it interesting how some topics and explanations on this board are sometimes addressed in magazine studies?

For example, I remember commenting (I'm sure it had been mentioned many times before) not too long ago about how the organization uses the "Spirit led" phrase in their baptism question. And this naturally tells members they are indeed claiming divine guidance. I know this had previously been discussed on this forum but did it get loud enough to cause the GB to want to change it or remove it altogether? I just find it odd how this phrase is now gone from the baptism question.

Very odd indeed.

Any other changes you've seen as a result of discussions on this board?

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t know really, if this board influences the Governing Body.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They dropped " apparently" and similar from lots of articles. Remember Andre? That being said the articles are written many months, or even a year ahead

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Companies pay a lot of money for market research.

This site is free market research for the writing committee at HQ, with every aspect of living as a jw, leaving the org and everything in between discussed in depth.

Contributors to this forum have provided a crystal clear picture as to what it means to be a jw and the reasons one may have for leaving.

I'm not saying that the org let's forums like this dictate their policy but it would be surprising if they didn't take notes.

All companies want to know what their stake holders are thinking.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

minimus

minimus

I see Jehovah gave you the right body again.

• Biahi
    Biahi

If this were the case, and people talk about their childhoods ruined by no holidays, and embarrassment at school about the flag salute and national anthem, why don’t they change these policies?

• minimus
    minimus

I believe... u r right

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fine by me.

After all, I can't see how anything said on this forum could actually help them (other than prepare them for the inevitable).

:smirk:

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They dont change policies. They double down and give unrealistic coping experiences and threats

• alanv
    alanv

They have said for years they were not inspired like the bible writers. Also they have said elders are appointed by holy spirit simply because they have to meet the bibles requirements which were written under inspiration. This explains of course why some elders were found to be hiding some hidden sins like child abuse, simply because they would good at hiding it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit