Do our loved pets come back when we do?

by Nichole 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nichole
    Nichole

Hello :)

I have recently started studying and im really enjoying learning all about the truth!

I am a huge animal lover and have my dog Trixie for 11 years now, I got her when I was 12 years old and she has been the best friend and companion, I Am so lucky and grateful to have her at my side every single day!

I get worried a lot about what will happen when the time comes that she has to leave me, anytime i even think about it I start to cry because it would break my heart not to have her with me anymore! anyways I guess I just wanted to know your opinions on this matter? My partners dad teaches me the truth and is beyond helpful with any questions I have but he has told me that he can't promise me anything about trixie because it's not really spoke about in detail in the bible if our particular pets will also come back in the new world... so I would be more than grateful of anyone maybe had the same question or had a bit more insight and could help me out :)

Thank You So Much

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hello Nichole and welcome to the forum. It's only fair to let you know you're amongst friends who are in various stages of leaving JW.org or the Watchtower.

I too love animals, in fact I started a topic called Why do Animals Suffer just last week.

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Nic

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Nichole: My partners dad teaches me the truth

Welcome to the forum.

Your first problem is believing that any one person or group has "the truth." They don't.

Truth is not something that can be the exclusive property of any one individual or group.

You are obviously very attached to your pet; often they show love more unconditionally than our fellow humans!

The Bible is an ancient book filled with a wide variety of stories and accounts, many of them quite horrible. Remember, the god of the Old Testament routinely required animal sacrifices to feed his narcissistic ego.

Although the Bible has particular historical value for its wide and pernicious influence on humans--individually and collectively--over the last two thousand years, particularly in Western civilization, it is nothing more or less than the religious writings of any other ancient peoples. They are the stories, myths and collected "folk wisdom" of bronze- and iron-age peoples living in a pre-scientific world.

So instead of studying the Bible, particularly if you are doing so with Jehovah's Witnesses, you will be far better served by educating yourself to develop your critical thinking skills and learn to evaluate competing belief systems accordingly. Many that do this find that we are better off without any religion at all in our life.

Oubliette

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Nichole, you sound like a really nice person and I hope things work out well for you. You may be confused about this forum. Most of us here have not had the good experience with JWs that you seem to have had, for the most part we are very anti-Jehovah's Witness here. You'd be better off putting your question to people who actually believe the Watchtower doctrine instead of us. You have my best wishes!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I really hope my Pet Gold Fish is resurrected! I could not live without Sharky!
  • cofty
    cofty

Hi Nichole welcome to the forum.

A lot of questions are covered by the excellent resources at JWFacts.com

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SWB: You'd be better off putting your question to people who actually believe the Watchtower doctrine instead of us.

No. What they tell her will neither be true nor comforting.

• freddo
    freddo

Hello Nichole!

My first reaction to seeing you post was overwhelming sadness. You sound a lovely open honest - dare I say naive - young lady and you're asking the sort of question I asked around about the age of ten. With no happy answer.

I hate to burst your bubble and I hope you don't run away but I'm afraid "the truth" is not all it's cracked up to be. I've been baptised over 35 years and have been a min serv, an elder and seen "behind the scenes" of the promises of paradise and millions now living will never die.

I've seen families shun their loved ones because they have put the governing body in place of everyone and everything else including the bible and Jesus and their own consciences. I'm ashamed to say I even encouraged it myself before I "awoke". I've seen parents willing to let their child die for want of a blood transfusion. I even, as a teenager made a "similar stand" myself. I believed it all wholeheartedly.

Please check everything out - it's not lies from Satan - the Australian Royal Commission investigating child abuse case study 29 - Jehovah's Witnesses. The Candace Conti child abuse case.

Read "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz an ex-governing body member who dared use his bible trained conscience to question hypocrisy and inconsistency.

Please find the 1969 May 22nd Awake where readers were told "young people" needed to face the fact that they would not have a career in this old system because the "end" would be here within a few years. Also the May 15th 1984 Watchtower about the generation that saw 1914 "would by no means pass away."

Do not get embroiled in this sham of a religion. Just google the above.

Run. However nice the smiles; however nice your partner's dad. They are deluded and wrong. If it seems to good to be true then it is.

Please ask any question you like.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Hey Nichole, You seem like a sweet, caring person. I had that same question for a long time and gave it much thought. I have had my heart broken many times due to the loss of animals that were dear to me. I don't have time now, but I'm going to send you a private message later. Look at the top right of the page. You should see an envelope. If it has a number by it, then you have an unread message.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    She is going to heaven, all dogs go to heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit