My brain will explode

by Alex Bogdanov 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blownaway
    blownaway

Any JW who is a believer will put their fingers in their ears and go lalalallala I can not hear you. They have to have doubts on their own. I am a firm believer in you can not plant doubts if they are not already susceptible and have some questions and curiosity on their own.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Good info Vanderhoven and Giordano.

Indeed Blownaway

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

Why are you trying to convince them that you are right and they are wrong. That isn't a typical conversation. It always ends the same way because they are operating under cognitive dissonance and you can't argue logic to someone who doesn't have logical thoughts.

To be honest I think it would be more polite if you did ignore and avoid them. I think that the conversations you are trying to have with them now... is actually you being quite rude.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

True, but you don't know if the JW in front of you is dealing with doubts of his own. Adding to his or her doubts may just be the catalyst that helps to break the authoritarian stranglehold of the organization over life and family.

I don't think it is rude to try to convince someone that allowing their child to die for want of a blood transfusion is anti-scriptural, unloving and immoral.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just a quick question about the concern shown about you dying at Armageddon. Because I had much the same response that you got. Did you fade or just point blank stop going to meetings. My father knows I am indifferent to wt but to this day only 3 people could be bothered to knock on my door to see how I was. To this day I don’t know if I should be insulted after been a member for 40 years or thankfull as it saved me having to deal directly with them. I some ways I would of almost appreciated a chance to give them the middle finger in a JC, because at least they were concerned enough to set one up.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Jwundubbed. I feel strange after reading your reply. The problem is that every time I meet JWs they ask me why I don't go to the meetings I have to explain myself. You say that my response is rude. Either I am on the wromg forum or you are. I think the website for you is jw.org if you feel the need to protect JWs. You don't need to come on this forum and tell me I am rude by trying to explain myself to JWs why I don't go to the meetings.

Vanderhoven. So true.

Joe134cd. Yep, just like you I slowly faded away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit