Back to the Meetings------Back to Covid.

by pistolpete 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

A lot of PIMOs are reporting that returning to the meetings is backfiring in that Covid is spreading among the members returning.

Post;

So last Saturday was my first meeting back in person and well it completely backfired. Last night I got a text from my group overseer saying that someone in the hall tested positive for covid and that we need to get tested(great 🎉).

Honestly I kinda expected this. Since the building itself is old and poorly ventilated, the venue was packed to the brim making it impossible to social distance, and everyone there was so gitty about being there and seeing everyone that they kinda forgot about the pandemic and made very close contact.

And to top it off I got an update text saying that they're still trying to go through with in person meetings! Like what the fuck. We were potentially a sight of a mass covid explosion and you're still going to try to go through with this? So much for Godly respect of life I guess. But they didn't say that the governing body is going to leave it up to the individual to decide whether or not they attend via zoom(as if they have any real authority over the individual's).

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/twog6g/back_to_the_kingdom_hall_backfired_for_my/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh please! There's no "COVID Explosion." Hell, with all that's going on in Ukraine the news doesn't even mention COVID anymore.

I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone I know or work with even contracting COVID. The hospitals around here aren't overflowing. Life is "back to normal" here. (Northeast USA).

I rarely see someone with a mask, and usually it's some dumb nutter alone in the car driving. lol

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Give me a break! One meeting and covid is exploding?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    There's no "COVID Explosion."

Pandemic is not quite over yet:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-we-know-about-omicrons-ba-2-variant-so-far1/

I expect the scenario mentioned in the Reddit to happen in hundreds if not thousands of congregations, particularly in the crowded conditions sure to occur at the Memorial.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Nowwhat

"Give me a break! One meeting and covid is exploding?"

Wishful thinking.

That a text went out shows GB induced paranoia.

• jhine
    jhine

Here in the UK churches are back to normal. Yes we're hearing of some cases but not just in church members . It's still in the community generally so you can catch it anywhere.

Also when people have it most are not too bad , just like a bad cold . My daughter just got over it . She doesn't come to church so she got it - well who knows where?

Jan

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Oh no! A flu-like virus!? Whatever shall we do?!

• hoser
    hoser

I could see the elders doing that. Contact tracing is all about control.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Come on guys, I agree for most of us Omicron is a cold and nothing to worry about.

However if I'd not had Covid previously and was elderly or on Cancer treatment, etc, there's no way in the world I would be going to meetings and it's wrong of elders to automatically expect attendance.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The instructions from mother did say to avoid meeting if you had been in contact with a person who tested positive.

SO. tada. everyone who went is supposed to miss for 10 days.

I have heard lots of glad to see people but no comments on the deep encouraging material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit