What are the rules the WTS pharisees have burdended JWs with?

by berylblue 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

All of the above.

• Hamas
  • madamewalker
    madamewalker

"Ethnic hairdos"! LOL ... I am of an 'underrepresented ethnicity' and dreadlocks and 'natural hairstyles' were strongly discouraged. I have very kinky/coily hair and I used to wear it 'out', and would get off the wall comments from brothers/sisters.

• danb71
    danb71

how about all the euphemisms good jw's can't say? good luck, gosh, gee, darn, etc. i also referred to myself as a "braves fan" once and got counseled by an elder (you know that means you're a fanatic, and you don't want to love anything more than you-know-who!)

don't underline in your bible, it disrespects the word of god. no, wait, wait, if you don't underline in your bible, you're not studying hard enough.

but the best one ever was the substitute c.o. (one of the window-washing types) who said from the platform that going to pg-rated movies was not acceptable for christians. my folks took it as straight from the g.b. and for most of high school i couldn't watch a movie if it didn't come from disney. thanks fer nothin pal.

d

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Don't forget:

Rules how to shave

Rules how to shower

Rules how to take a crap....

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Jehovah has explained in Matthew chapter 23 on how the Watchtower is like the pharisees.

The Scribes and pharisees have seated themselves on the seat of Moses. verse 2 (They, the GB has the main say in how things are run. its not questioned, "wht would the Bible say on this matter?" when a situation arises, but, ' What does the society say?'

They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men. verse 4 (field service, field service, cant miss a meeting!!)

All the works they do, they do to be viewed by men, for they broaden the scripture containing cases..verse 5.. expanding the rules, the power and pride of the GB and elders.

• Mary
    Mary

You hit the nail on the head Fruitcake: meetings, meetings, study, field service, meetings, meetings, study, field service, assemblies.............

Other rules they haven't enforced yet, but should arrive at any moment:

- how to fart

- is using laxitives part of God's plan for you?;

- what shade of nylons the sisters should wear;

- shades of nailpolish

- boxers or briefs for MS's;

- Ban on Wheaties cereal because it promotes being athletic and also brings back bad memories of Miracle Wheaties!!

- what colour pen you should use to study the Watchtower with;

- asking young teenage girls if they are experiencing any pleasure from using tampons......if so, they better switch to pads

- colour of your car;

- anything else they can think of to make your life miserable...........

• ballistic
    ballistic

Rules about beards. Not to have beards - whole threads on that subject!

• berylblue
    berylblue
    beryl, I would hate to see you remain blue about not getting any replies, 'cause cheeses cares for the needy

That is so touching, Cheeses.

How about a few dollars, then?

Rosemarie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Apostate wrote:

They told me chewing gums during meetings dishonors Jehovah. They made me to spit it out.

One young brother showed up on a kingdom hall construction in a T-shirt with Nike logo on it. They did not allowed him to work unless he covered the logo with a piece of duct tape.

I always wondered about that! I've been out twenty or more years, and quick builds were just beginning when I left. What is the purpose of this rule (duct tape on t-shirt with logo)? Where does it originate? Literature, or just word of mouth?

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit