Anyone have your local cong. give out papers to say what you can afford to give the cult?

by mickbobcat 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Happens with the congregation I was in while still in. It is always a sorry sad situation because everything lives and die on that paper. The congregation hardly meet up with the resolution despite deciding to pay 1/7 of even what was collated from the paper resolution

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They tried that with me several times, and the last one I simply "forgot" at home. This was to build the new Kingdumb hall, and it was a second slip (I pledged during the first one, but under the conditions that if my financial situation started going downhill, I was not going to pay since joke-hova could have prevented it from going bad but refused to do so). And, after I left my second slip at home, the hounders simply gave me another and expected me to pledge right there in front of everyone. I simply told them that, as I believe that no amount would have been enough and that it would end up being a show, I was going to give nothing at all.

And nothing at all is exactly what it is worth. And even then, that was too much since I received negative value for that abomination.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I saw those things several times. Generally they were anonymous though. The last time was when I was PIMO, I put in a slip for $100,000. The renovation was never completed, most elderly in that congregation were extremely poor and already had “resolved” to give $100/family monthly to pay off previous “debts” for renovations with the branch.

• Overrated
    Overrated

In our hall they didn't require names on the slips of paper. On mine was " Can't afford to give anything more. Have to work a low paying job, discouraged from higher education by you. Can't help you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit