Letter to elders: Say what brothers?

by pixel 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: Audio at Sign-Language Meetings

Dear Brothers:

Some have asked about the propriety of making the audio track of videos played at Chris-tian meetings audible for sign-language audiences. Christian meetings are for the purpose of dis-pensing spiritual food, and many hearing ones benefit more from the videos when they can listen to the audio track in their language. Therefore, rather than turning off the audio track for sign-language audiences, the audio track should be made audible at the meetings held by sign-language pregroups, groups, and congregations and at sign-language assemblies and conven-tions. Deaf publishers usually have no complaints about the audio playing in conjunction with a video that is signed. Hearing members of a deaf publisher’s family in attendance also benefit spiritually.

Be assured of our warm Christian love and greetings.

The micro-managing of the Borg has no bounds. Also, "Deaf publishers usually have no complaints about the audio playing" REALLY????

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

Uh... wha??? This could go badly. Fully hearing publishers have enough problems getting the volume level and other details right.

• sir82
    sir82

Tomorrow's BOE letter:

"When serving in a blind congregation, those working on 'gestures' should exercise caution when standing close to the householder. If any gesture could be construed as brazen conduct, a judicial committee should be formed".

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Dear Bros,

It's appropriate to play the video along with the audio for the benefit of blind ones as the blind usually don't complain.

It's also appropriate to play both the audio and the video for the dumb as the dumb usually don't complain.

• careful
    careful

Excuse my ignorance but what is a "pregroup"? Is that like preexistence or pre-ephemeral?

The ref. to "the audio track" makes me wonder what the audio was on that anti-masturbation video they had a few years back for the deaf. I guess there wasn't one.

""Deaf publishers usually have no complaints about the audio playing" REALLY????" Spot on, Pixel!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Pregroup could be what they call a group before it is large enough to be called a group.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

Pregroup = one family that speaks a different language (usually still studying). At least, that's what I've seen. It gets the local JWs all a-fluff about a new congregation!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So basically they love to sound clever with their fancy made up words.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What a ridiculous letter!

• jp1692
    jp1692

"Deaf publishers usually have no complaints about the audio playing in conjunction with a video that is signed."

Really? That's not what I heard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit