If a proposed bill in Mexico passes, new law will mean jailtime for JW´s

by ILoveTTATT2 21 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Well... I'm really curious as to the timeframe. If they are saying preach between 10 and say 7 and anything outside those boundaries is outside of the law, why is that so horrible? It's for their protection too!

In my borough we have a noise ordinance that mandates that lawn mowing only be done between 8 or 9 and sundown.

I'm not in Mexico but it doesn't seem so unreasonable to me.

• baker
    baker

Mexico should outlaw the drug cartels first, those that shoot thousands and kidnap school kids and execute them. Maybe they should try to outlaw monopolies like their gas and phone companies first. Make their country a safe place to live first. Maybe pass a law against Priests that molest children.,or just hit them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZSFQDZ0F_w

• steve2
    steve2

Baker I am so with you on your post!

Mexico is ravaged by deadly drug cartels whose monstrous acts have shaken the fabric of society to its core - and some dull-minded legislater wants to impose fines/jail time for anyone preaching at "inappropriate" hours?!

For f*cks sake- what a back-to-front country! Mind you, it has yet to even be discussed at government level so this is early days.

Let's hope it gets laughed out of further "consideration".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

ILoveTTATT2 - "Not the Mexican JW's!! I think they will fight this tooth and nail!"

I'm sure they would.

I was, however, talking about the WT leadership (who are most definately not Mexican).

• TimDrake1914
    TimDrake1914
    There was another article that was a little more in depth about this specific proposal. It not only targets religions, but even police officers and any other door-to-door merchants who's persistent knockings can be considered harassment. Looking at it from a neutral point of view, I have a hard time seeing this passed as it clearly infringes on religious rights. However, I'm not well versed on Mexican laws so I'm only looking at it from a US perspective. Looking at it from a biased point of view, I really hope it passes to see how WT will spin this. More than likely, it will get people thinking that the "Great Tribulation" is upon us, and I would love to point out how, even from WT's perspective, it is totally out of line with their predicted sequence of events. I can already see the look of cognitive dissonance that will overtake their faces when they realize how it just doesn't add up, until they find a way to rationalize it.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    The GB's answer (like in the past): Just bribe more Mexican officials to look the other way. Theocratic Warfare and all.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If a proposed bill in Mexico passes, new law will mean jailtime for JW´s

"Next 25th of may in the Senate of the Republic a law will be debated to protect the home that will impose fines or charges of up to 6 weeks in jail to those that preach the word of God at inappropriate hours.

Oh the Horror!..

JW`s will be Forced to Behave like Civilized Human Beings..

Enforced Common Courtesy will Erode the JW Way of Life..

It`s Persecution of "Jehovah`s People" at it`s Worst!..

.................................Image result for jw.org broadcasting logo

......Image result for breaking news
    http://i.imgur.com/MmBKV8X.gif?noredirect

.............Please Stand By as We Find Another WBT$ /JW Announcer..

...............................To Report Breaking News From Mexico..

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    There have been cases where thieves or criminals have pretended to be JWs to scope out neighborhoods, etc. maybe that is what they are going after. The JWs shouldn't be out after usual hours anyway.
  • baker
    baker
    I wouldn't be surprised if terrorist used the cart system to sneak in a bomb to crowded places
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I called both newspapers that had the note, and, in an appalling display of lack of fact-checking (welcome to Mexico), there is no actual source for the news.

I called the Mexican senate and apparently it is not possible to know what will be discussed in the future unless the senator who plans to introduce the bill tells you.

I don't know how to confirm, but I would really love to confirm if this is real or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit