Gerrit Loesch video from this week's meeting

by neat blue dog 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caminante
    Caminante
    Even among those splinter groups there were disagreements. One of them, "Asociaţia Martorii lui Iehova din România", claims to have continued to legacy of the Romanian branch shut down in 1948. The other larger one, "Credinţa Adevărată Martorii lui Iehova" (True Faith JWs) accepted some post-1948 literature as genuine, however they don't accept the terms "true religion" (introduced in late 1950) and the secular interpretation of the "superior authorities" (of 1962).. There was a schism amid True Faith JWs as well in the past decade, where the congregation in Târgu Mureş (as opposed to the one in Cluj-Napoca) took the lead in rebranding themselves as "Asociaţia Internaţională Martorii lui Iehova", as there are some Hungarian, Ukrainian and some former Yugoslavian congregations sharing the same theological views
  • stan livedeath
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Caminante’s post was the most informative post on this thread, by far, and attracted no “likes” whatever—often the way!

The information in the post suggests there is a lot more to the story of breakaway Watchtower groups in Romania that would be well worth documenting, while still possible.

(I would “like” the post myself, but my likes button was removed years ago)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    so, it has the feel of myth-like story that Lösch has incorporated as central to his identity as a JW. It is brief moments like this one that convince me that most of the GB do actually believe that they head the true organisation of God.
    I think you’re right SBF. It could be that this incident was what got Gerrit a slot on the GB. If he was part of the delegation, they probably thought he had ‘Jehovah’s blessing’ to be able to “gain his brothers” all 5000 in one fell swoop.

Of course nowadays they’d all be disfellowshipped without a second thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit