Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Was there a wt video put out shortly after Anthony Morris was deleted about not needing alcohol to have a good time? I thought it was in a thread somewhere and now I can't find it.

Don't they do 'talks' about someone who they think is guilty of something in kh's? An example of making a teen boy do a talk on masturbation, etc...

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

There were a number of references to alcohol in the weeks after the news of AMIII broke, although a couple of them were in the scheduled midweek meeting, so would've been planned before the situation arose. Unless, of course, the rest of the GB had been planning to oust AMIII some time in advance...

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It’s true that when someone is asked to leave Bethel there is always a local needs to about what it was why they left.

I remember one brother left and next family watchtower there was a local needs about master nation for example.

yes there were lots of mention of alcohol after Tony was kicked out.

I am amazed that still nothing has leaked about where he is now, is he still a brother did he take the emblems?

they are really keeping a tight ship perhaps even those close to the situation don’t know and it’s only the remaining members of the GB who know and they don’t even tell their wives?

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

Exbethelite... good point about not even telling their wives. Most of the leaks about wrongdoing in local kingdom halls (especially those that lead to disfellowshipping) are usually because an elder couldn't resist the urge to tell their jobless wife about it.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes it’s always supposed to be confidential when someone gets disciplined, but what they did always gets out once the local needs about that thing is given.

there were a lot of bethel lectures and videos about alcohol abuse but this is not conclusive.

just like the truth about vaccines not being safe or affective will come out, eventually the truth about why Tony got booted will come to light one day.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    just like the truth about vaccines not being safe or affective will come out, eventually the truth about why Tony got booted will come to light one day.

maybe there is a connection there ?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Update!!!: As it urns out, sources close to the GB are reporting the real reason for AMs dismissal had to do with the misuse of the WT corporation's brand reputation. He was marketing a new JW breakfast cereal called Kingdom Klusters. Several POC boxes were released and got out. It was described as small clusters of delicious oats and grains with Watchtower shaped marshmallows. For kids, the boxes included "New Light Decoders".

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Read on Reddit. A

JW couple was send to Bahamas, to help a building project. Tony Morris son was also working same project. Every one was instructed not to ask Tony's son what happened to his father. So it probably wasn't anything positive the reason he got removed. No way it was for health reasons.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Since Ray Franz's books, have GB members been required to sign non-disclosure, non-disparagement, and other confidentiality agreements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wtT6s3qqg

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

“Don’t ask what happened”

They are such control freaks. I’ve never known any other group of people to act as controlling as this. Not only must you not know what happened, you’re not even allowed to ask what happened. Next you’ll not be allowed to think about what happened. If these guys ever get hold of the Chinese technology that reads kids’ brains to see if they are paying attention in school, you can bet Watchtower would get JWs to wear them in the KH. Who am I kidding, they’d get JWs to wear them 24/7.

If I was in the Bahamas receiving the instruction, “don’t ask Tony’s son what happened”, I’d be tempted to say to Tony’s son, if there was a discreet opportunity: “hey Tony’s son, did you know they are instructing everyone not to ask about your father?” And just wait and see what his reaction is. You’re not breaking their rule if you just tell Tony’s son about the rule, are you?

I wonder if even the people who made the “don’t ask” rule know what happened themselves. Or are they passing on a “no ask” policy from above without being informed what the situation is about. They are such control freaks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit