Ekala Convention Hall To be Sold - Sri Lanka

by Sanath 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sanath
    Sanath
    Sri Lanka has only one convention hall which is situated at 44, Agaraduguru Mawatha,Ekala,Ja-Ela WP. This was built on some where around 1990's. Now the Sri Lanka branch committee has decided to sale the property.
    What is the reason behind this?????????????? Deficit of funds? Mismanagement of funds?
    I was inform minimum publisher requirement to have a Convention hall is the reason for sale. Sri lanka has only 6,000 publishers, if Sri Lankan publishers are not enough to own a convention hall, then why governing body has decided to built on 1990's.
    This is a clear sign of global downsizing of JW. Isn't it?
    What a shame.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Welcome Sanath, and thank you for the update... It seems that there are things going on in the background with the GB and the WT that we shall have to wait and see...... like the end of a very mysterious movie.

"The small one has not become a mighty nation"... has it?

As they say in my country, "FAIL!"

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

According to yearbooks, Sri Lanka had a respectable 3% growth last year, and 4% the year before.

WTBS must still be having cashflow issues. When a large corporation is having cashflow issues, the outer branches typically suffer the most. Sri Lanka is probably an outer branch as far as Brooklyn is concerned.

• jhine
    jhine

Ayubowan , Sanath .

Jan

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Thank you for your post and welcome!
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Sanath

Welcome on board - thanks for this info.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Sounds interesting. Thank you and welcome.

Should we start a thread with sold kingdomhalls to collect them? Only time of sale, maybe a link to a press-articel? Could be an interesting collection.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for watchtower for sale

It appears the WT Real Estate Empire has FOR SALE signs going up everywhere!

Doc

• no-zombie
    no-zombie
    I have the feeling that countries are now on their own financially. If a branch can't manage with their own contributions and be at least self-sufficient, then they'll have cut back somehow to make end meet. This would explain the selling Kingdom Halls in lands with some growth.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I have the feeling that countries are now on their own financially.

So much for "international brotherhood". They tell developed countries, "donate to help build in developing countries." They tell the developing countries, "you can't support these buildings so we're selling them."

Where has all the money gone from the branch, Brooklyn, and other property sales as they keep demanding more donations and making more cutbacks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit