Who Qualifies for TTATT?

by John Aquila 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I have long believed that only certain ones deserve to know the truth. I have had the privilege of helping a few in their quest for knowledge. I have been able to help these people while still 'attending' and even 'serving'. Still on-going. Nobody lives a double life as well as I do. One for Christ, and one as a mole... for Christ.

But I also agree that there are some who "deserve it" as one person above mentioned. For example, there was one elder who was getting on my case. I had enough of him. So, I 'bombed his hood'. (Well, that's what "Hawkaw" my helper those days named it. I don't know how many here remember him...)

Yes, I bombed his hood. He went ballistic. He 'railed on' about it at the kingdom hall. Told the whole congo about how he went to all his neighbours trying to dig himself out. Did a full on rant when he got the microphone during a meeting part. Even went to the CO and it resulted in what I call 'honourable mention' at the circuit assembly. (they had a part and talked about it)

I enjoyed it all.

I don't know what's happening with this brother these days. He doesn't attend anymore. He's done. I don't know why, but I am happy all the same. If I had even a minute part, I'm pleased.

In any case, he had something bigger to deal with than bothering me. OOOh la la.

Now, there's a few other elders that are pissing me off. It's time once again to wind up the machine.

How ugly it's going to be for them. I am glad I am not them. Really glad.

Because they are going to have TTATT shoved right down their throats. And probably up the other way too.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Everyone. It's a misconception to "spare them". The cult personality is the one who's content being in. Freedom is the real person's birthright. Going through the progression of pain is the same as informing a spouse they are being cheating on by their partner, or the withdrawal process in comparison to a person coming off drugs. Whether or not the process will be painful, the highest good for anyone involved in this cult or any other, regardless of age, is to know the truth about the lie.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Everyone qualifies for TTATT, but not all will respond the way we hope.

It is also not up to me or you to make sure all get TTATT. By that, I mean that I will help where I feel I can do some good, but for the most part, my own course should be enough for any JW that wants to know more to simply ask. And I will occasionally engage strangers, but just a little bit.

As far as a guy in his 50's, no matter his situation, and certainly someone younger- they have much life left and deserve to know TTATT. Again, it's not your responsibility. But if they asked, I would tell them whatever can help to show them the way.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15

I'm glad you started this thread because this is on my mind.

My two siblings, our spouses and I are now awake and fading. Our parents and the elders are literally harrassing me, I'm talking 1-2 messages a week for two months now, after I missed 6 mos of meetings.

We are very sad for my parents. They have a lot of anxiety, depression, and insomnia over not being "good enough" and fear of their children's impending destruction.

We want to wake them up. They were baptized as children and are now in their 50s. They are very devout and truly gave their lives away.

In my own search to "make sure of all things" I am writing a series of college classroom style PowerPoints about JW issues. My siblings like them a lot. We want to show them to our parents in a sort of intervention maneuver but are also scared of absolutely shattering then emotionally and subsequently their running to the elders to tattle, as they've done the past.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    I 'bombed his hood'

Apocalypse, could you elaborate? Sounds interesting!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't think it's a matter of who qualifies to learn tatt, but who is capable of learning it. If a person is not ready to admit they are possibly in the wrong religion, then nothing you say is going to convince them.

You can only try and hope for the best.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    You raise valid points that I considered as well before approaching individuals. The bottom line for me was similar, but with some clear differences. If you are currently a JW, and especially if you are an elder, you are in a position of influence and people are going to listen to what you have to say. In my case, almost everyone I spoke with ended up leaving. There were some who I would have liked to have spoke with but I didn't feel it was appropriate. One was dealing with cancer, another had a severely disabled child, others were simply too old to start over imo. I made what seemed like the right calls to me at the time and don't lose any sleep over it.
  • Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    @Lee Elder : what did you say to those who listened, what was the 1st thing you told them that they were willing to listen & peek their interest?
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    John Aquila - probably one of the most profound posts that I have read in a while. You really make me think. You are right. I know a 88 year old elder that studied with me. Why go back now and hammer away at him with TTATT? What's the use? You are so right. Let's focus on those that have a future.
  • talesin
    talesin

I agree with Kant in his essay What is Enlightenment? - all men [and women; it's the 21st C. now] deserve enlightenment. The lack thereof, can be a type of enslavement, especially in religion (as Kant points out). Not all people will choose to learn, though. Who am I to say which person 'deserves' to hear TTATT?

As I have the ability to read neither hearts nor minds, I also have no ability to determine who would 'benefit' from knowing of TTATT. That is for each person to choose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit