Montana jury awards two women $35M in sex abuse lawsuit against Jehovah's Witnesses

by AndersonsInfo 92 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Just more bad publicity making the leaders look bad. Especially now in a very sensitive time regarding child molestation. The JW leadership has tried all it can to preserve and present a clean image.

Yet all it has accomplished through their internal handling of matters and the two-witness rule is the exact opposite. More negativity and scornful reproach has been heaped upon its precious image and religion.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I might have just missed it, but I didn't see the name of the attorney or law firm.

Anyone know?

Anyone who has a potential claim might want to know what firms have been so successful.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Yahoooo!

🎶It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!🎶

• sir82
    sir82

$34 million? wow!

Attorneys all over the USA will notice this. WT attorneys will cringe; personal injury lawyers will start lining up new clients.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My JW wife promised me that she wont donate to WT if these allegations are true.

But she refuses to see if I show any websites to her and said she would beleive only if it comes on any national TV.

Any one, please advise.....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are two significant problems one can see exercised by the JWS. which can no doubt stir up problems from a sociological behavioral perspective .

One being the two witness only rule combined with the Christ's personal redemption from sin.

It theoretically opens the door a little wider to people to act irresponsibly to one another or in this case toward children.

• Dagney
    Dagney

EverApostate - order the newspaper. I'm going to check the NY Times.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Dagney, thats a good advice. Never knew I could order newspapers!

• Dagney
    Dagney

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/09/19/us/ap-us-jehovahs-witnesses-child-abuse.html

This is before the trial. Good article though, and the WT has a female attorney. Interesting. Nice try WT.

• Spiral
    Spiral

EverApostate, you can get the NY times online anywhere in the world. Free for a week or so or special price to sign up.

They also do a daily email news update, I'll watch tomorrow and see if it's mentioned. You can go online and sign up for that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit