wt and money

by zeb 30 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Well she went off to the big convention this morning. As she left I ventured a bare tiny 'dont give them money' 'They have millions.' She spun back, (We are on pensions.)

'and you should see what they spend on relief' was her hissed reply.

My empathy goes out to anyone with a spouse so utterly dug in. So I have a few days with her away but when she returns will be tired out and as cranky as.

...happy people... indeed.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sorry you have to deal with that BS, Zeb.😔

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Have you shown her news articles with real figures in the millions from Court judgments?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It kind of makes you wonder why people can’t see the lies and corruption of this so called Christian organization which is really a corrupt religious publishing house.

Salvation through lies and corruption, I don’t think so .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    she spun back, (We are on pensions.)

Hopefully they won't make her feel guilty by talking about the "widows mite"...the widow who gave her last coin and how it meant more to Jehovah than those giving out of their surplus.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS likes it when children give their candy money to them so why not senior members giving up their food and shelter money.

Come on you can give up a few meals and some medical funds to the GB, they need it so they can fly around the world to give their propaganda talks.

It’s life saving work you know. 😉

• blondie
    blondie

There is a real culture developing in the US, if the news is not to your liking, just call it "fake news" and move on. The WTS and its members had that developed already and has made it an art form.

• LV101
    LV101

Unfortunately, "fake news" is reality re/journalism with respect to most media in US and has been the norm for couple of decades -- nothing new but they are fact checked today the same as religion thanks to the internet.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Actually, they have BILLIONS. They actually TAKE IN money during relief campaigns, far more than what they give out. The only time money flows OUT of the WT's bank accounts is when forced to by court ruling for CSA victims.

• zeb
    zeb

thanks all.

where was it I learned that after a disaster and the brothers repair another s house the damaged home owner is expected to hand over his insurance claim money to the wt. True or not if true would not surprise me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit