Please change my username, Simon =)

by Divergent 15 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Divergent
    Divergent

Hi Simon, sorry to disturb, but I would appreciate it very much if you could kindly change my username for me - from Just Kidding to Divergent

I've decided to change my username because I'm not the same person I was when I first joined this site. Back then, a part of me still believed, and I thought that if my doubts were wrong and the religion actually turns out to be true and I posted negative stuff here... hey, I was only Just Kidding!!!

Sounds stupid, right? Yeah, I know. But that was how it was

Having being completely unbrainwashed now, I feel that it's a time for a change in my username. Why Divergent? Because I am divergent in my nature, just like Tris. She made a life-changing decision and followed her true nature - she became who she actually wanted to be instead of what others expected her to be. For me, I was expected to follow in my parents footsteps. Both of them are spiritual pillars in the congregation, my father being a long-time elder who is well known by all JW's here. Me? I was my own person. Instead of becoming a pioneer, I went for higher education! After graduating though, I tried to pioneer for a while (out of guilt), but that only lasted a few months. I went through the motions for a while after that, then discovered TTATT. My life-changing decision was to fade & become inactive, disappointing all those who had high spiritual hopes for me, especially my family. But I could not be happier now, knowing that I am following my true nature & enjoying a more meaningful life instead of living a lie!

There's another reason why I chose Divergent as my username, but will explain that some other time

Ok, this is a long explanation for a username change request, so I'll stop here

Thanks in advance, Simon!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just Kidding - "Having being completely unbrainwashed now..."

I like that.

You've joined the great un(brain)washed masses...

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Thanks, Simon! Just noticed the change! =)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Does your changed name have anything to do with the movie Divergent?
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    The movie is based on the book of the same title, which I read
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Wait... Vidiot & Village Idiot? Related by any chance??
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Wait... Vidiot & Village Idiot? Related by any chance??"

Nope, but we've been confused by some.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I suppose he can't do it for everyone and you asked so nicely.

I am not the same person as when I joined. I won't start my own thread, but I would not be upset if my name went to "Out" instead of "OnTheWayOut." Hint hint, hoping for the big change. Thanks in advance.

• Simon
    Simon

I can see where this is going ...

I think it would be best if I added a name-change option (which would be a one-time deal)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Congrats Divergent. Looks like Simon has worked his magic... again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit