Chaos at Brooklyn Bethel 12/2016

by James Jack 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• James Jack
    James Jack

This was how it was described to me yesterday by a Brother who has been there for some 40 years.

"Everyone is about gone; The Governing Body is set to leave within 2 months; the kitchen and laundry personnel are gone and I have to fend for myself now."

"Also the aggravation of 4 to 5 Business Men in suits with clipboards daily checking out the Watchtower properties. I have never seen anything like this before!"

I ask if he has received a new assignment yet. He told me that he is assured that he will be transferred to another Bethel location because of his long years of Bethel Service.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

He told me that he is assured that he will be transferred to another Bethel location because of his long years of Bethel Service.

. . . . until they change their minds. They've been known to do that.

Interesting info JAMES JACK.

• DJS
    DJS

James,

Do you mean 12/2015? If not you have great powers.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Ah... this is GOOD NEWS! A pox on their soft bottoms!
  • Tempest in a Teacup
  • LV101
    LV101

Looks like they're roughing it in Brooklyn hangin' on to that billion for incidentals up at the new abode. Wish they had to go live out on the streets somewhere.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Remote bethelite friend of mine just got sacked.
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

As obnoxious as a lot of those long-time Bethelites could be, it has to be terrifying for long-serving couples to face the prospect of being put out on the street after decades of Bethel life acquiring little to no real-world experience.

Seems like a matter of time before some of them begin to crack and lash out. It has to be incredibly difficult to suppress the feeling of betrayal.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    I have as little sympathy for them as they have for the "worldly" people they believe will be murdered by their God at Armageddon. We all have to accept the consequences of our decisions, even them.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

I have mountains of sympathy for them. "But for the grace of God" I was very nearly one of them. I remember when my whole goal in life was to make my Bethel service a life-long career. That is what they encouraged in Entrants School. Thank goodness that I left while still young.

Plus, they are cult victims. Even the mean ones. They are responsible for their actions, but you got to also look into the factors that pushed them to make those choices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit