Shallowness in 4/29 Watchtower study

by Rattigan350 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freddo
    freddo

When I quote scripture like Acts 1 v 8, Luke 21 v 8, or Acts 17 v 11 most jw's either shut down, accuse me of setting up my own doctrines or run away metaphorically screaming "La-la-la I can't hear you!"

But then I can't be spiritual - I refuse to stand like a dummy next to a trolley cart.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Amen bro! Anyone who claims to have the bible especially the gospels and new testament and says they are now closer to Jehovah are lying!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Good example of how the wt looks at things black and white. Either you're a spiritual person or you are materialistic, pleasure craved, power hungry. And looking for prominence individual. When in reality 90% of people are just looking for a nice career that doesn't beat them up to support their family and make a decent living

• sir82
    sir82

In WT-world, being "spiritual" means "enthusiastically doing the grindingly dull and soul-sucking tasks that the WTS has outlined that its adherents ought to be doing",

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I wonder if her bible knowledge, and ability to recite such trivia will help her explain:

How "Gods Friend" Lot was cool with having sex with his own two daughters, whilst his wife was killed for turning around?

What does that teach us about Jehovah? He detests people turning around while fire rains from heaven, but is A-OK with child Incest?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

What I loved about that wt "study" at the kh was that the "answers" given during the one hour bore session were given by those that are barely hanging on. Most of the comments were read by the kids in the hall and the irregular pubs. I guess the truly "spiritual men and women" didn't want to brag about themselves so they didn't comment! lol

just saying!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

His wife, a spiritually strong person, had no problem answering the questions, but Robert found himself constantly embarrassed, not knowing what to say."

So why does WT not condamn his unnamed wife for marrying someone who was not a spiritually "strong" man? What was it Crazy Tony said about being a MS by the time you were 23? The woman could NOT have been spiritually "strong" if she ignored governing body orders no matter how many Bible trivia answers she could spit out, could she?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One of my many little wake-up moments was realizing that you could be the absolute worst asshole imaginable...

...but still be (officially) viewed as "more spiritual" (and thusly a better JW) than others if: you attended every meeting, put in 10 hours of service a month, commented every WT study, and satisfactorily performed all the talks you were assigned.

Being a genuinely nice, decent person really was not a factor.

That illumination - when it happened - was quite depressing.

• sir82
    sir82

still be (officially) viewed as "more spiritual" (and thusly a better JW) than others if : you attended every meeting, put in 10 hours of service a month, commented every WT study, and satisfactorily performed all the talks you were assigned.

"More spiritual"? Ha! Much more than that!

What you just outlined will get you appointed as an elder tomorrow.

What you outlined is 100%, bar none, exclusively and absolutely, THE requirements for being appointed an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit