Which current GB members are part of the "overlapping generation"?

by Splash 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Thoughts triggered from a comment Cappytan made on a different thread:

Cappytan The newest guy in the gang, Mark Sanderson, is no exception [to being a GB helper at some point]

- w2013 7/15 p.26 A New Member Of The Governing Body
    "In September 2010, [Mark Sanderson] was invited to return to the United States, where he served as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body."

So in 2010 Mark Sanderson was one of the "other sheep" and not anointed at that time.This excludes him from being one of "this generation" since he was not a partaker when F.Franz was alive, so could not be an overlapper.
    If on the other hand Mark Sanderson DID partake prior to being a "helper", then by definition he should already (and automatically) have been classed as one of the F&DS by virtue of helping them reach decisions.
    It seems more likely that he became anointed between 2010 and 2013 in order to qualify for his promotion.

But hold on, does this apply to more on the GB than just Mark Sanderson?

As of 2015, EVERY member of the GB once served as "helpers" to the GB:

- w2014 7/15 p.17-22 Losing A Father - Finding A Father
    In 1992, I [Gerrit Loesch] was appointed as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body, and since July 1994, I have had the privilege of serving on the Governing Body.

- w2006 3/15 p. 26 New Members Of The Governing Body
    Brother [Geoffrey] Jackson was made a helper to the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body.
    Brother [Antony] Morris worked in the Service Department at Patterson and later as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body.

- w2000 1/1 p. 29 New Members Of The Governing Body
    Brother [Samuel] Herd has been working in the Service Department. He was also serving as a helper to the Service Committee.
    [Stephen Lett] worked in the Service Department and was a helper to the Teaching Committee.
    Brother [Guy] Pierce had been serving as a helper to the Personnel Committee. (Now deceased)
    Since 1998, [David Splane] had been a helper to the Writing Committee.

- w2013 7/15 p.26 A New Member Of The Governing Body
    In September 2010, [Mark Sanderson] was invited to return to the United States, where he served as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body.

So all of the GB were baptised but non-anointed at some point, none were anointed at their point of baptism or even before it. Why can we say this? Because the WT say all helpers are non-anointed:

- w2015 10/15 p.3 Keep Holding Men Of That Sort Dear
    These helpers, from among the "other sheep," provide valuable support to the Governing Body.

- w10 6/15 p. 3 United in Love—Annual Meeting Report
    Later, members of the other sheep class were appointed as helpers.

- w06 2/15 p. 28 par. 11 Walking in the Path of Increasing Light
    ...in 1992 some of the "other sheep" received added service responsibilities. They were appointed as helpers to the Governing Body committees.

- w95 7/1 p. 22 par. 9 Dwellers Together in a Restored "Land"
    Now, oversight of most congregations, as well as circuits, districts, and branches, has of necessity been entrusted to the other sheep. In 1992 a few of these were given the privilege of attending meetings of committees of the Governing Body and serving as nonvoting helpers.

So which of these are excluded from being part of the overlapping generation?

Freddy Franz died in 1992 which is the same year that the "helpers" arrangement came into being. My guess is that Freddy objected to it and they waited for him to die instead of try to overrule him.

Since EVERY member of the current GB were "helpers" at some point after 1992, and since "helpers" are from the Other Sheep, this means that NONE of the GB are overlappers, so none of them are part of "this generation"

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Brilliant analysis.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Being a helper doesn't mean that they weren't anointed at that time.

Per the April 15, 1992 WT:

Therefore it has been decided to invite several helpers, mainly from among the great crowd, to share in the meetings of each of the Governing Body committees, that is, the Personnel, Publishing, Service, Teaching, and Writing Committees.'

So you could be of the anointed and still be added as a helper. Whether or not any of the current GB considered themselves to be anointed while they were a helper, I don't know.

• prologos
    prologos
    since the generation started in 1914, and the F&DS only in 1918, the GB only in the 1930ies, the end could be like the beginning, a ship without a committee steering it, all overlapping into the 2070s.
  • kairos
    kairos

I think this has serious implications. The doctrine is flawed and exposed for any and all to see that would like to. JWFACTS.COM

In the JW world, sadly, this is nothing...

"Anointed, scha-nointed!
    We used to celebrate Christmas!"

• Splash
    Splash
    Tim3l0rd Therefore it has been decided to invite several helpers, mainly from among the great crowd, to share in the meetings of each of the Governing Body committees

Does this mean "mainly", or is it WT speak for "only"? I don't know.

That same article also says

*** w92 4/15 p. 31 Announcement ***
    At the Brooklyn headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, some “given ones” have served for a great many years. These include mature overseers from the great crowd who have gained a wealth of ability and experience. Thus, the Governing Body has selected a few of such overseers to assist in the meetings of the Governing Body’s committees.

To me it's unclear and in contradiction to their very precise and clear later statement from w2015 10/15 p. 3
    "SINCE 1992, the Governing Body has appointed experienced, mature Christian elders to help its committees carry out their work. These helpers, from among the “other sheep,” provide valuable support to the Governing Body."

• the comet
    the comet
    I think the wt articles have left enough wiggle room that you can't say with 100% certainty when they stared to profess to be anointed.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes they are ! they are the overlapping delusional idiots spawn from past and previous delusional idiots created by this organization.

The very power structure of this organization creates the anointed or GB members and will continue to produce these engaging identities, withholding any intellectual honesty of course.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Splash To me it's unclear and in contradiction to their very precise and clear later statement from

Isn't that the WT M.O. - unclear and contradictory? They have to leave themselves wiggle room.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

David Splane, in his September broadcast said that "All the current members of the Gov Body are of 'this generation'" ...second group.

NB when the "Helper" arrangement was announced in '92 it was in the Wt that described the O/sheep as Nethinim and likened their service to those doing menial tasks to help the priests at the Temple. But I suppose it does not have to be limited to O/S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit