"Those Who Leave Are Doomed..."

by AllTimeJeff 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Excellent thread, and great analogy!

Thanks for sharing.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

AllTimeJeff thank-you for this thoughtful thread. I was very lucky as a born-in to have a wife who was not a born-in when we left. If it was not for her I don't think I would have made it. She understood what it meant to have authentic personality and help me find mine. Yes I did make some mistakes the worse smoking put I ended that over a year ago. In many ways born-ins are like children when they leave. They don't know how to navigate their way in life. I have been out for over six years now and I feel I am standing on level ground now but there is still from time to time cult thinking comes into my thinking. The good thing is I now recognize for what it is. All this growing I have gone through is because of my wife helping me. I must also give credit to all of you on this forum. Thanks Simon. Still Totally ADD

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's worth bringing up a lot. I think anyone who exits a cult or high control religion needs support.

It Actually matters to the cult that those who leave fail. The more happy success stories we can show, the better.

• steve2
    steve2

It Actually matters to the cult that those who leave fail.

Absolutely correct. To word it from a different angle: It is not in cult members' best interests within the cult to hear of ex-cult members living fulfilling and happy lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit