Has God done anything recently worth witing about?

by WireRider 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WireRider
    WireRider

I'm not sure why religions insist upon living and teaching from thousands of years ago. A time when people lived in fear of things they didn't understand and didn't have the knowledge or words to describe things and events in terms that are relevant to us in 2015. Why are we taught to live, and believe, in the middle-east over 2000 years ago? When is there going to be some new material? I don't think I've every really read about religion that hasn't been hashed and rehashed 1000 times. And tomorrow we'll go over the same stories again.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    god created the internet.
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

The God of the Bible has been busy as of late. He has been fulfilling the promises, made to the Israelite's more than 2,520 years ago.

Research the history of Palestine / Israel from the late 1800's to current (Focus on 1948 & 1967). By reading over the recent history of Israel, you will find 100's of Bible prophecies, literally Fulfilled.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He helped Serena Williams win Wimbledon this year

• steve2
    steve2

The God of the Bible has been busy as of late.

Sure has, bloodshed and violence continue as per the Old Testament. The desert god rumbles through the centuries like a bad penny, spreading fear, hatred and genocidal rage all round. The desert god rescues silly humans from the need to take responsibility. If it's not the desert god, it's his old foe, Satan who makes people do bad things. Man alive: Ancient Scriptures are forever talking about evil influences when the honest view would be: Take responsibility for your own behavior and stop blaming invisible beings. Sheesh. The Devil made me do it indeed. Baby talk from small minds.

The mad books of Scripture (the Book of Revelation in particular) provide unending sources of shaemless symbolic speculation for every fevered brow to delve into and breathlessly prophesize.

It is all crazy stuff based on a book that is as riddled with superstitious numeracy that produces 1001 different interpretations - each one truer than the last.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

JW's and Mormons have new material. They have added some crazy new light and

lets not forget the Moslem faith, how many years after Constantine sealed the bible

that Mohammed made addition to that Bible.

• prologos
    prologos

If you were a bright light, as you no doubt are, and just escaped from the the expanding big bang event, at the speed you are going, (c), you would not move through time, and for you recently, like right now,

the No. 8 god just caused the universe to create itself.

• username
    username
    I think he has been busy trying to kill us all by warming the planet up, maybe he was feeling a little cold so he turned the heat up a bit!
  • prologos
    prologos
    so he turned the heat up a bit! un. no, that was VW with their skewed emissions. Of course many worship their cars, so you are not that far off.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I think he has helped Tim Tebow ... or maybe not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit