What Next? Syria?

by Robdar 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

... “I would say that we have seen chemical weapons tests in Syria over the past 12, 15 months,” Rumsfeld said, without giving details. “We have intelligence that shows that Syria has allowed Syrians and others to come across the border into Iraq, people armed and people carrying leaflets indicating that they’ll be rewarded if they kill Americans and members of the coalition.”
    Syria has long been on a U.S. list of states suspected of supporting terrorism.....

You can find more here:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/888057.asp

• DJ
    DJ

Rob,

Scary but true, huh? Syria, then maybe Iran or anyone else we don't like who harbors terrorism. You have to atleast give Bush a hand.....after 9/11 he gave a speech or two or three about rooting out terrorism and anyone who harbors terrorists. I guess he is rare because he meant what he said. We are to used to politicians that are all talk. This guy is different. It may get very ugly down the road. I think that the terrorists oughta just give up.....in my dreams, I guess. It looks as if all of Saddam's cronies and perhaps him, all ran and hid in Syria while their country was being bombed. Not a good thing.... love, dj

• onacruse
    onacruse

Yes, I think Syria is next in line.

Apparently North Korea is backing down somewhat (speculated as possibly a reaction to Saddam's ouster) and now will possibly allow a multi-lateral diplomacy re: it's nuclear development program. But, after all, what ideological reason does N. Korea have to compel it to proceed with it's nuclear program, in the face of probable invasion? No ideology at all; it's simply a power play by a megalomaniac.

That's exactly why I don't think Syria will relinquish its militant posture; it does have an ideology, an anti-Western ideology. And there's nothing so powerful to drive people to blind obedience and pathological destruction as an ideology.

Craig

• Robdar
    Robdar

Thanks for responding DJ and Onacruse.

I guess he is rare because he meant what he said. We are to used to politicians that are all talk. This guy is different. It may get very ugly down the road

DJ, I have to agree with you. President Bush is a different kind of guy.

Whereas, I am astounded by the thoughts of an honest president, am I the only one that is alarmed by this news story? Am I being overly jumpy about another war? It seems to me that we can hardly afford it. I guess I am overly cautious and suspicious about authority figures because of my time with the WTS, and I suppose I have goosed myself by reading history, but I don't feel good about this. I can't help but be concerned.

Any thoughts? I really don't like being paranoid.

Love,

Robyn

• foreword
    foreword

Isn't that what they were saying about Iraq?

How much you wanna bet the two carriers that left for home today will end up in the Mediteranean, in about a week or so.

So now the Arabs will pass Saddam's WMD around like a hot potato, and we'll chase them bombing the daylights out of whoever we suspect to have them. Should be interesting.

Have we started manufacturing more bombs...we'll need them. Never mind, Israel has a bunch, we'll use theirs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So far no WMD..So Bush has to keep looking..Syria may be next,then the country next to it and the country next to it..He`ll just keep going from country to country till he finds the WMD..Eventually he`ll be right back at his own country..Maybe he`ll invade Florida or Alabama..Those WMD are dam illusive.....OUTLAW

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I see it this way (Bush needs a never-ending supply of easy targets for his war machine to feed upon).

Next Syria. That's almost a given. Then a quick detour to take care of unfinished business in Lebanon. Hell, it's next door and the Syrians run it, anyway. Then about face, march right and take over Iran. After that the back of the muslim world is broken.

Next find a reason to side with India over Kashmir and turn pakistan into pavement. Indonesia won't like that and they will be fierce about it, so then it's time to drop moabs all over the place, and Malaysia too if they get uppity.

In the meantime Egypt and Saudi Arabia will finally be compelled to do something, but it really doesnt matter since Bush invented the Preemptiv Strike Defence Doctrine. They'll probably go next. Mop of Algeria, give it back to the French if they shut their mouth, then take out Qaddafi. Finally leave Morroco as a Zoo exhibit of a gen-u-wine authentic arab nation, by then Bush II can work on the whole "Third Term" problem. I don't see why the Pope argues agaisnt Bush. He is doing everything Charlamagne and Richard Cour De Lion could not.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I heard about two weeks ago, one of the people on the news saying that Syria is almost as bad as Iraq, with a very bad dictator and they also have chemical weapons. His thoughts were they would go into Syria soon after Iraq was conquered.

So................Yes, Syria is next.

• Francois
    Francois

If needs be, yes. Why would we get rid of one tyrant, the source of enough small pox to kill everyone on the planet several times only to allow some other brain dead tyrranical camel-jockey to take his place?

It's called follow-through. I'm sure you've heard of it.

francois

• Satanus
    Satanus

Up here, in canada, we have wmd. They are mosquitos and black flies. Hope he wipes them out.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit