You have to admit, the carrot is pretty alluring.

by John Aquila 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Simon12 hours agoI dunno, part of me thinks they say these things as an excuse for inaction.
    They don't need to feed the poor, attend to the sick, help the infirm or give assistance to the unfortunate.
    Magical Jehovah will do it all for them "real soon now" thus keeping their conscience squeaky clean while they turn away.

Although I agree with Simon in the sense that the majority are more like this, there are other motivating factors. Either way, if you are a devout zombie who thinks shunning is justifiable, I think you are a terrible human being (I won't mention issues like hidden child abuse which I am convinced some JWs are ignorant of but every adult JW is well aware of shunning and what it entails) and your practice of puting your ideology before justice, compassion and freedom makes you despicable in my eyes - regardless of bullshit "good intentions".

• done4good
    done4good

no-zombie - As a consequence, my new tactic is to only attack emotionally.

While I do not know that I would consider it an attack, I agree with your reasoning. The current crop of JW will not respond to logical arguments formed against their beliefs. This is actually true for most people who have deep ideological positions on matters, including all religious fundamentalists. Their beliefs are not based on fact and reason to begin with, so using such as "proof" as to their beliefs being false is a fool's endeavor. It is an argument that cannot be won. Put another way, "belief" is one of those areas where people create their own reality. Nothing else is "real" to them. I was actually told this personally in so many words by a JW friend not too long ago.

Using an emotionally angled position can work, however this can also backfire, so be careful.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit