I need help like I've never needed it before.....

by zenpunk 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Hi all,

I had a big conversation with a presiding overseer and brooklyn bethelite who called me after 8 years (since I left). He invited me to the memorial and I explained why we are no longer JWs citing the JW's investment in RAND corporation as the number 1 reason. He married my husband and I and we were once very close. He would like to see the evidence and I believe he is sincere. I called my mother and told her that he called out of the blue and then I told her what I said. My mother is still a JW. She said she would like to come over tomorrow and see the evidence of JW investment in RAND. This is the first time I could even bring up this subject with her as she now seems receptive.

Does anyone know of an objective source giving this information. This could be the nail in the coffin of her relationship with the JWs. My father has been made unemployed in his 50s in this recession because of his refusal to take military work. If they see this evidence - it will really make a difference and maybe I will get my parents back.

Please help....

• Xena
    Xena

I wish I could be more help, but all I can do is btt for ya and hope someone who CAN help see this!

Sounds great that they are willing to listen, I hope you find what you need....did you try the search feature on here?

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Thanks Xena, I'm trying that now and have already found some helpful info.

• Joyzabel
  • twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hello Zenpuk

We had been through the same discussions with elders and other bros. & sisters.

My husband put the question on this forum in October 2002 (alias KAYTEE)

We had lots of help, especially from Gerard, If you go to the top of the page and search on Gerard, you will find KAYTEE's question (Oct 02) and from there you will see all of the scanned info and other comments, it was very useful for us and I'm sure that you will find it helpful.

I certainly hope that your parents realise just how hypocritical the witnesses really are - we were in for 32 years and are still in a "state of shock" realising how we were duped for that period of time.

Twink

• avengers
    avengers

Hi. .......I started a thread a while back called "The Watchtower has a deal with the Navy"

I'm sure you will find a wealth of info there donated by several of the wonderful posters here on this board.

If after going through all the info you have any questions, I'm sure there's an answer.

Andy............... go here

• DJ
    DJ

Way to go Zenpunk. I hope your mom sees this w/o wt foggy glasses on. I do remember someone saying that it is a dead end though because they cannot sell it. It was given to them or something to that nature. Hogwash is all that I have to say. I suppose that next they'll try to tell us that that were only ngo's in the UN to get a library card or something.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Zenpunk:

I don't know if this will help, but my uncle is in the Airforce and he E-mailed the Watchtower requesting where to send a donation for the RAND corporation, and the Watchtower E-mailed him back with instructions to send check donations to the Watchtower itself. I can get a copy of it and send it to Randy Watters and then you can write to Randy if you want. Randys address is:

Randy Watters/Free Minds Inc./P.O. Box 3818/ Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

This way addresses are kept private, unless you know a better way. Everybody writes to Randy anyway. I wanted to post this info before, but some on this web remarked that some of the information I was posting was to old and worthless. So since I didn't want to bore the members, I just sat on it. Please post a note so that I know you got this message. Otherwise my efforts may not help you if your facing a time limit. You mentioned they are coming over tomorrow night? I dont think it can get to you that fast, unless faxed or something.

I can't say to much about it, but this RAND situation, is nothing compared to the stuff Randy is coming out with in the near future.

• avengers
    avengers

excerpt: SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549

FORM 10-KSB

ANNUAL REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF
    THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1934

For the Fiscal Year Ended April 30, 2001

COMMISSION FILE NO. 0-23920

REGI U.S., INC.
    -----------------
    (Name of small business issuer as specified in its charter)

OREGON 91-1580146
    (State or other jurisdiction of (I.R.S. Employer
    incorporation or organization) Identification Number)

185 - 10751 SHELLBRIDGE WAY
    RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA V6X 2W8, CANADA
    Name Class A Shares Owned Percentage of
    Class A Shares
    Owned
    <S> <C> <C>
    John G. Robertson, Chairman of the Board
    of Directors, President and Director (1) (2) 5,966,050 58.37%
    The Watchtower Society (3) 5,257,900 51.44%James McCann (4) 5,257,900 51.44%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,257,900 51.44%
    Jennifer Lorette, Vice President and
    Director (6) 85,500 *
    James Vandeberg, Chief Operating Officer
    and Director 75,000 *
    Patrick Badgley, Vice President, Research
    and Development and Director
    75,000 *
    ALL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS &
    DIRECTORS AS A GROUP (FOUR
    INDIVIDUALS) (7) 6,201,550 60.67%
    Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly
    owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization
    , 34% by James
    McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated
    that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization
    but has retained a voting proxy for those shares.
    Accordingly, in Notes (3) and
    (4) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,257,900 shares registered in the name
    of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to The Watchtower Society and Mr.
    McCann. http://www.stock-tracker.net/shownews.asp?id=72 Navy Contract Awarded For Immediate Release: December 6, 2001 - Vancouver B.C. - Reg Technologies, Inc. (RRE.V / OTC BB: REG RF) and its U.S. subsidiary REGI U.S., Inc. (OTC BB: RGUS) wish to announce that a U.S. Navy contract (SBIR No1-144) has been awardedto Advanced Ceramics Research (prime contractor) and REGI U.S., Inc. to build and test a Naval 0.5 horsepower ceramic engine. The proposed engine is a four stroke Rand Cam engine utilizing continuous injection and combustion in a single combustion chamber. The engine will be of all ceramic construction to permit high temperature operation, without cooling, to effectively burn hheavy oil. This new motor will be developed for powering the U.S. Navys new Smart War-fighter Array of Re-configurable Modules (SWARM) low cost unmanned aerial vehicle.

REGI U.S., Inc. is currently in negotiations with Advanced Ceramics Research to license the Ceramic Rand Cam Engine for commercial and U.S. Navy applications for this type of engine. REGI U.S., Inc. will receive 30% of the Phase I budget and 50% of the Phase II budget when awarded. The contract should start before the end of the calendar year. The total Phase I and Phase II budgets is expected to be $850,000
    end of excerpt.

Well. So much for "We are not a part of Satan's World".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Any one researching this matter would find reference to the letter that the Society sent me last November. They said that it was all a mistake. Two brothers had intended to "Donate a portion of their profits from the venture to the WTS ", some how the WTS was erroneously listed as a stockholder in information published by the holding company - and they denied holding stock in Rand Cam or any associate company"

OK, I dont buy it either but without further corroborating evidence, it would difficult to make an argument , and of course any practising witness would believe the Society no matter what .

Letters to Rand Cam have not been answered . Does anyone have any better ideas? After all, they are alleging that this Company's formal returns are seriously in error . Surely that would be something the authorities would check into? a la Enron ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit