Should we or shouldn't we?...JW family member's graduation..advice please

by MoeJoJoJo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Honestly, I wouldn't go. I would send a gift and regrets. If I were married and my husband was not welcome, I could not go and if he does go, your husband will just hurt by their actions.

The JW's there would leave en masse. A gathering in a private home is different than if it were in a public place, like a wedding. Explain to the sister though.

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Mulan, the graduation will be in a rented facility not at their home. Do you think the JWs would see my husband there, drop their gifts off and leave? I don't want it to ruin her party.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I tend to agree with Scully's post on this. Either way, it's a very tough call and a sad state of affairs too that such a fuss is being made by her parents. As for the "maybe", it doesn't really mean maybe, it means that the parents object to his being there, and they are basically telling you what to do without coming out and saying it. Beware of the jw "maybe".

• minimus
    minimus

Don't be disloyal to your husband. Being "uninvited" is the worst insult you can get. If the shoe was on the other foot, how would YOU feel??? Since you tend to agree with your husband's position regarding the "truth", why not give a gift and take your husband out? This is probably a great time to show him your support.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Do you think the JWs would see my husband there, drop their gifts off and leave? I don't want it to ruin her party.

I think many of them would, yes. The ones who stay would be whispering and gossiping the rest of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit