When Saturday Comes

by Englishman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

It could really happen this Saturday. Oh boy, I've been waiting since 1967 for this.

Englishman.

• free will
    free will

what could happen?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lemme think, you can't mean Armageddon ... so does it have to do with sports?

• Matty
    Matty

http://www.ananova.com/sport/story/sm_769563.html

Yes, it's sports - don't get excited - it's only Portsmouth football club. If they win tommorow then they get promoted to the premiership.

I thought this thread was about the movie "When Saturday Comes", which stars Sean Bean, one of Viv's favourites! So this is for her just in case she thought clicking on this thread was a wasted trip!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Quite right too, Matty!

Notice how the title When Saturday Comes linked into football?

We have had our moments before, mind you, looky here!

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My happiness extends beyond Pompey making it at last, it extends to wishing to see our 'arry smile!!! His wife will be relieved, I'm sure.

Ozzie

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

EM: I hope you know you will be coming straight back down, Merson is your best player and he's past it!!. When my lot(Tractor boys) played you at Fratton park you were taught a footballing lesson and we would have won if it wasent for your pesky goalkeeper.

We play you soon at the mighty Portman Road and i'll wager my last rolo we thrash you to sneak into the playoffs.....

Down with the Norwich Sc*m......up the blues!!

R

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Englishman - 1967 eh?

We can relate. Any self-respecting Toronto Maple Leaf fan can tell you, it has been that long since we had the Stanley Cup in our midsts.

Best of luck there E-man. If you win, send some luck over this way, we could sure use it.

Thanks!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Thanks for the good wishes gentlemen!

Realness, do you realise that we already have Tractor boy fan on this site?

Now then! 45 minutes into the game, and the score is:

POMPEY 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0.

• Englishman
    Englishman

OMG!

We lost! We got beat 1 - 2!

Oh well.. we only need 3 points from the next available 12, so I still think we'll go up.

Meanwhile, next Friday it's Ipswich away. It's on Sky too.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit