So I guess my old hall got dissolved. The great decrease continues....

by Darkknight757 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

My MIL came by to drop some pressure on my wife to go to the three day this weekend. She told her that she wants our baby to live forever and that she wants us to come back. Apparently people would be “so happy” to see us return to the fold. I call BS on that. I know for the things we have done we will instantly get df’ed. Such a bunch of crap.

Either way during their conversation she mentioned that West hall where we used to attend was dissolved and that members were disbursed to three different congregations. What’s interesting is that West was the original Hall in the area and other congregations were added as the need was. You’d think that it would remain and others would go but I guess not.

Now I know why people that I have ran into from that hall said that, “amazing and exciting things are happening and that it would be a great time to come back.”

Ha! Never again.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

1) Boring/uninspired JW meetings.

2) Low JW meeting attendance.

3) No new concerts.

4) Ex JWs on the increase.

5) Congregations being dissolved.

6) Kingdom Halls being sold to other Churches.

Just another day in Watchtower's Spiritual Paradise! :-)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...talk about the swamp being drained!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

One of three congs. in my local area was dissolved this last CO inspection week.

Love the growth.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I wonder what it will take before these people see that things aren’t going well for them? I can’t believe in this day and age that anyone with half a brain can support this organization and think everything is going well.

My wife recently ran into a woman who was studying when we left. She was recently baptized and asked if she was still a witness. My wife said “Heck no!!”

Id love to know what this woman thought of that? Last we saw her I was still conducting the Watchtower.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What is the possibility that the Congs chosen for dissolution have had mishandled abuse cases for potential lawsuits?

Has anyone looked into that possibility?

We had a local area Cong dissolved which, as in the above example, was the "old, original" Cong in the region from over 50 years ago. In the 50 years, when there really was growth in the JW religion, it grew to split into 3 or 4 Congs. But when thinks started to collapse, it was this original Cong that got the axe.I know of at least 2 child abuse JC that were had there. I'd say one was totally mishandled. Said brother still "in" and active.

Inquiring minds want to know!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

She told her that she wants our baby to live forever

You could have said that because she doesn't attend WTS/JWS meetings she has a better chance now because she isn't supporting corrupt false prophets.

You feel more confident and comfortable staying away from the Watchtower Corporation being loyal and faithful to Jesus Christ.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Last we saw her I was still conducting the Watchtower.

Funny thing...I had a recent discussion with a Watchtower Study conductor in my neck of the woods and he was telling me how fed-up he was with being an elder! Due to their having to prepare and research before conducting the Watchtower Study...I wonder if this research doesn't take a toll and maybe put many of these study conductors in the mindset of cognitive dissonance...just maybe!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thinking about it now that congregation may have been dissolved due to a lack of elders. Before I left there were 7 elders.

I left, two were too old and not allowed to give parts anymore. One just moved to Italy and another to Florida. So there was really only two capable elders left and the one wasn’t in the best of health.

Not sure how many ministerial servants they had but many were dropping out when I left a few years ago.

Maybe lack of elders made them a target?

• LV101
    LV101

I'm sure the financial wizards consider the demographics - lots of numbers go into play to fill their money bag. Too bad it's not snow balling/free falling more rapidly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit