Liberals have lost the Iraq argument, so please stop whining...

by dolphman 104 Replies latest social current

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I only watch CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) news coverage as it not only uses some of the CNN stories but stories from all over the world so you get a wider perspective and object coverage of what is going on.

Will

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I only watch CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation)

Oh, poor William....now I understand why you are so narrow minded!!

Please note: That was a joke!!!

• Simon
    Simon
    My point Simon is that I have seen Hundreds of Thousands of people around the World protest agains the US becuase they do not want us killing some Iraqi's yet I have not seen a SINGLE person protest for the rights of the Congolese. No French, No British, No Italians, No Germans, No Americans, No Russians.....NO ONE.

I think this illustrates the very poor journalism we have. Sure, when there is a war they cover it well ... probably too well and go overboard with it.

If there are no reporters though nothing get's reported and it seems to be "not newsworthy"

Does the press think we're only concerned about places that we are going to go and take action or is it some plot to build up interest and enthusiasm for the action? Who knows.

It's wrong though. We rely on the press to report and inform and they focus too much on the immediately popular - I guess news is their product and they want to seel what is popular at the time.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have seen a number of open forum types of talks shows on CBC where there is a free flow of opinions on both sides of the issue. Sometimes the discussions get a little heated but they allow both sides of the issue to give their opinions.

Will

• Preston
    Preston

You know what burns my beans? It's this stoopid WAR. But it's not the war as much as it is the stoopid things people are doing around the war. For example, I'd like to go 10 minutes without some warmonger or protester stridently reminding me to "SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!" The way I see it, I'm already supporting the troops--by paying my goddamn TAXES. Is there something else I should be doing? Sending the troops an FTD Spring Bouquet?

Don't get me wrong; I like the troops. They seem like fine young men and women with a healthy attitude toward killing people. What I don't like is the "secret code" being used by those telling me to "SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!" Because these people don't really mean "SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!" They mean, "DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE TROOPS!!" And I'm sorry, but the last I heard, this is still America, I can still say whatever I want, and those ridiculous haircuts being worn by the troops have got to go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit