Why did Satan tempt Eve with a talking snake when he could have materialised as another human to tempt her ?

by smiddy 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

study buddy, welcome to the place where you can let your imagination loose, without dire consequences , like in the kh.

Note that the serpent in the story not only had human-like vocal capabilities, but understood the talk, even could refute the human thoughts expressed. That is magic, a fantasy, not latent capacities of communication that really existed, even in a walled garden .

Around that place, only God appeared to be a carnivore, because it was he who took the carrion Abel offered off his hand and saved it from going to the dump. so, no fear there except for depleting the vegetation by herbivores' unchecked proliferation from the missing predation.

As to the dispersing of the animals after the flood, if you were cooped up for 9 month in a stinking stall with a simpleton that believed that all life had to be killed by water covering Mount Everest, you would be running too.

Enjoy the banter here, stimulating ideas like yours', even if in left field, are always welcome. its fun to make fun of funny stories, like the one based on the one and only talking snake.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Its REALLY because Snakes are so Cute and Cuddly and look so Trustworth - especial Talking Snakes.

Thats why Satan being so smart picked it instead of a Scary Bunny.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ttdtt - Its REALLY because Snakes are so Cute and Cuddly and look so Trustworthy - especial Talking Snakes.
    Thats why Satan being so smart picked it instead of a Scary Bunny.

This is my favourite answer thus far.

It's been interesting to see the mental gymnastics from believers. I probably would have come out with some pro-bible nonsense when I was a believer so mustn't judge. It's just that when you wake up from the hypnotic delusion that a god exists, everything comes into full clarity. Better stop there...........................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit