KH for sale--Ryde --isle of Wight--UK

by stan livedeath 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

sheer joy.

the local kingdumb hall is up for sale. a quick build from 1984. i went in there once--for a relative's wedding.

half a million pounds.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-44198850.html

jehovah will be leaving the building !

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Surprised they're giving it up seeing as it's so close to McDonald's.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

How near/far is the closest KH?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

about 8 miles away. my first wife goes there.

• steve2
    steve2

Situated on Brading Road, Ryde (A3055), this unit benefits from a high through put of traffic. It is set back from the road with neighbouring business including McDonalds, Ryde Indoor Bowling and Staddlestones Garage with Tesco's to the rear of the site.

Interesting that the agent describes it as "this unit" , with no reference to its having being a religious hall.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Presumably then the Ryde cong is off to meet at Shanklin or Newport.

I used to know some people on the IoW - I remember one high up elder Steve(?) Joshua who had a son called Jevron. I think he got DF'ed.

• freddo
    freddo

Good news.

I had a nose on Jborg which indicates 3 halls and 5 congs on the whole of the Isle of Wight, including Ryde (as of early Nov 2016).

Looking on Jborg it still shows the hall being used but by only one cong. Do you know if the cong is being disbanded or moved as a whole congregation to one of the nearby halls? Both of which appear to have two congs in each at present.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i used to attend shanklin in the 70's. they split in to 2--and share a purpose built hall in nearby Lake. my ex goes there.

another hall at Freshwater.

was one in Cowes--but was disbanded--my old dad was there. merged with Newport--had a purpose built hall--my dad chipped in £5000 to that----only to have it sold and a former windowless ex church purchased. this is shared by 2 congregations.

so--as far as i know--there will be just 3 halls left if Ryde gets sold.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

I've a family member going to Ryde so I guess he will have to travelling now bless....lol

• hotspur
    hotspur
    another hall at Freshwater.

I put a lot of hours and money into that - as did a lot of others, most of whom could ill afford. I'd hate to think that would be sold off and pay for more Court costs in paedophilia defense trials!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit