I Don't Want To Kill My Pussy Cat!

by Stephanus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Steph,sorry about your pet bud..I liked that cat,only seen him in pictures. You and I did have some with that cats pictures..My best to you and the Mrs...OUTLAW

• acsot
    acsot

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for you Steph. That's absolutely the most horrible thing to have to do; I get weepy just thinking about needing to do that one day for my cats. (((((steph)))))

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((Stephanus)))

I'm so sorry to hear your cat is sick. May I ask what is wrong with him? Sometimes the hardest thing to do for your animal is to let it die in dignity.

When we had to make that decision for our beloved dog the vet told us the time would be when she was having more bad days than good days, she made the decision herself and died in her sleep. We were heartbroken so I understand what you are going through.

Remember the good times and know that you brought a wonderful quality of life to your cat. Time heals.

Katie

PS See you do need us when times get tough, don't forget you are always welcomed here. Best regards to you and your family.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Stepoh,

i'm so sorry. We have a really old kitty. He's a warrior tom cat. Gotten into many a fight, but lives on. I love him very much, and when his 9 loves are up-well we won't be able to replace him; instead of Gi Joe, i call him warrior Tom.The proud the brave.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I am so sorry.

I had to have our beloved dog put down last month.It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.I am still very sad about it.

Just know you are in my thoughts,and I am very sad that you are losing a member of your family.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Stephanus))))))

I empathize. It certainly is very sorrowful when one finally makes the decision to put a pet down. I'm afraid I kept our golden retriever around an entire year longer than I should have because I just couldn't make that decision. As katie's did, our dog finally forced the issue: woke up one morning no longer able to walk. The kids said they'd come with me, but couldn't handle it and I had to bring her to the vet all alone. It was heartbreaking enough that I am tearing up even now. I am sure you would not be doing this if it were not the best thing for your cat. NObody makes this decision lightly.

May you find peace,

outnfree (also a cat lover)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry for you, man. He was my favorite, of all your cats. Will you have a goodbye ceremony for it, wishing it on it's way, wherever that may be?

SS

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Peeps. The deed was done last night, at a bit after 6:00pm - we all went in to say goodbye and then brought him home in a body bag, for burial this morning, before school. He had kidney failure: could hardly walk, had trouble swallowing, couldn't eat and could hardly drink, was starting to soil himself. He might have been kept alive on a drip for a few more days, but what's the point of that? Robert was the most upset and was the one who insisted we bring his body home for burial - he's the one in the family who really cares about stuff like the suffering of animals and children (or at least the one who verbalises his concerns in those areas).

Heh, heh, Outlaw! I thought of your "bullethole" comments when my brother (jokingly!) offered to fix Melas (the cat) with his .22! I can't help wondering if his suggestion was the better one, considering the cold, clinical way it was all done at the vet's.

All the stories here just go to show how tough it is for us pet-lovers. Our lifespans are many times those of our pets, so we get to experience this stuff all too often. My condolences to those who've been through the same crap of having to dispatch a beloved pet.

• Eric
    Eric
    He had kidney failure: could hardly walk, had trouble swallowing, couldn't eat and could hardly drink, was starting to soil himself. He might have been kept alive on a drip for a few more days, but what's the point of that?

Yeah. When my good orange tabby friend of 18 years hit that stage, I had a couple of long conversations with my vet. He couldn't walk but a few steps anymore, and I was putting things off. I even asked him about ways I might humanely end it for him myself at home because Titan always hated the trip to the vets. He became diabetic in his old age, and he had a reputation of being very mean with the staff when he needed his regular tests done.

The vet arranged for me to hold him while the final deed was done, and he died where he had always felt most safe and secure, in my arms. It was extremely tough for me but it was the best I could do for him. "Your struggle is over, wee friend" I cooed for him as his head lolled slackly back and I realised that it was over. Then I slumped myself, leaning foreward untill I felt the cold stainless steel of the doctors examination table against my forehead as I still held my old friend to my chest. The doctor and his nurse left me alone as my tears fairly boiled from my eyes. It took me some minutes to compose myself.

I don't know what it is about a loyal pet that makes them so dear to me. Perhaps it's the unconditional nature of their love.

Eric

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((Steph)))))) Thunder and I are so sorry, I can't imagineplease know are toughts are with you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit