Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 291 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

The diagram you posted is exactly what evolution would predict.

Do you understand why or do you need me to spoon-feed you again?

• cofty
    cofty

Don't think my picture is showing on the previous page so I will try again...

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Bacteria don't have mitochondria!
    We are talking about comparison between cytochrome C amino acid and nucleotide sequences in eukaryotes not eukaryotes and prokaryotes..

Bacteria don’t have mitochondria? So what? Who said that they did?

They are living things and have Cytochrome C. That makes them revelant here.

On another thread you wrote: Every living thing descended from a common ancestor over millions of years. This is the central fact that the theory of evolution explains.”

Obviously that includes bacteria. So they are relevant to this discussion.

As a matter of fact evolutionists claim (or have anyway) that everything else descended from bacteria (that includes eukaryotes).

Your whole ‘objection’ here is illustrative that you are the type of poster that tries to ‘challenge’ everything.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Cofty, I also would like to remind you that you started this thread not merely claiming ‘evidence for evolution,’ but instead that “Evolution is a Fact” and that Cytochrome C sequence data proves this.

Therefore, the burden of proof rests upon you.

• cofty
    cofty
    Therefore the burden of proof rests upon you

I have more than met it over 27 pages.

Comparison of cytochrome C proves common ancestry. I can't go on explaining it forever. I have simplified it and illustrated it as much as possible.

Do you understand the gulf between prokaryotes and eukaryotes? I have explained the evolutionary link between the two on a previous thread. The topic of this one is ubiquitous proteins in eukaryotes.

Do you need me to explain why the diagram you posted is exactly what evolution would predict?

• cofty
    cofty

Here is what you have still not attempted to explain 28 pages later...

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Do you understand the gulf between prokaryotes and eukaryotes? I have explained the evolutionary link between the two on a previous thread. The topic of this one is ubiquitous proteins in eukaryotes.

Where does it say specifically in the O.P. that this thread is only about eukaryotes?

Nowhere.

Instead, we read the phrases:

”Some proteins are so vital to life that they are shared by every living thing.These are coded by bits of genetic code that are called ubiquitous genes. An example of such a gene is Cytochrome C . . .”

“If all living things evolved from a common ancestor then we can make a prediction about the differences between the Cytochrome C protein in different species.”

Now you object that the thread is not necessarily about every living thing. - And the fact that bacteria are living things with Cytochrome C is somehow ‘off the table’ —since they aren’t eukaryotes!

What a poster you are!

• cofty
    cofty
    gg - Hooby

No not really. It's only been worthwhile if you (or somebody else reading this) have learned something.

Why don't you genuinely commit to studying the scientific case for evolution? It's clear from your posts that you haven't ever read any science books.

I could have left this series of threads after this very first one. It proves common ancestry beyond all doubt. But I wrote another 39 threads just to make sure there was no room for doubt...

• cofty
    cofty

Stop deleting posts and replacing them after I have replied!

• cofty
    cofty

I have asked you three times if you understand why the diagram you posted regarding prokaryotes is exactly what evolution predicts?

You are the one avoiding the topic not me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit