The Image Of the Beast

by Rick_A 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

This is just a quick study I did on the Image of the beast and is not 100% fact as we know nothing is for sure until we actually see it come to pass. Unless we are not here of course. Anyway here goes.

<b>The IMAGE of the Beast</b> It’s interesting that many people have have tried to come up with many ideas of who or what the Image of the beast is. A computer, A statue of the beast himself, A robot etc. what does the scriptures say.

Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

It’s very interesting that this image that is portrayed in Revelations is almost the same kind of image that Nebuchadnezzar built. If you look at what Nebuchadnezzar’s decree was in vs 6, it is that all that would not worship the Image that he SET UP they were to be killed and thrown into a fiery furnace. Like the Image of Nebuchadnezzar look what happens in Revelation, except for one thing, God throws those who worship the Image into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

TAKE NOTE: Nebuchadnezzar set's his image up in

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

in

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

Can't seem to copy and paste my article Oh well here is the link to my article.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/49448/reply.ashx

• Rick_A
    Rick_A

I'm new at posting here so I will get this right, here it is.

http://focusonjerusalem.com/imageofbeast.html

• greven
    greven

This ranting is worse than the WTBS used to trow at us...visions of the revelationbook are flowing back me.

Greven

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Rick,

Although I found your article interesting, I have a hard time believing that the book of Revelation has any prophetic value. The problem is not really with Revelation but goes much deeper. Revelation borrows much of its imagery from the book of Daniel, which on the surface seems to contain some extraordinary prophecies. Unfortunately it can be shown that the book of Daniel is nothing more than a pseudepigraphic work

http://www.2think.org/hundredsheep/bible/comment/daniel.shtml
    Although the book itself claims to be the record of Daniel in Babylon, internal and external evidence reveals that it was written in Jerusalem about the year 164 BCE. Technically, the book belongs to the class of texts known as pseudepigraphia, since it is attributed to a legendary figure, while in reality it was written at a much later time by an unknown author. Other books in this genre include the book of 1 Enoch, the Assumption of Moses, and the Apocalypse of John, although the latter was written much closer to the time of its namesake.

Ignoring for a moment the problems with Daniel, I also found the following point of interest. Much of your article centers on Dan 11:31 and Mark 13:14: the "abomination of desolation".

31 And forces shall stand on his part, and they shall profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and shall take away the continual sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
    Dan 11:31 (Darby's)

14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not, (he that reads let him consider it,) then let those in Judaea flee to the mountains;
    Mark 13:14 (Darby's)

The author of Daniel was most likely referring to the incident wherein Antiochus entered the Temple and erected an altar to Zeus in the holy place. There are vivid descriptions of the pollution of the temple to be found in 1 and 2 Maccabees which tell how Antiochus "arrogantly entered the temple" (1 Macc1:21), profaning the temple, polluting the sanctuary, then repressing the cultus by prohibiting sacrifices and offerings.

Mark's reference to the "abomination of desolation" is quite interesting. The phrase, which follows "he that reads let him consider it", is completely out of place considering that this occurs in the middle of Jesus' speech. The other phrase "then let those in Judaea flee to the mountains", suggests that Mark is most likely finding a second fulfillment in the siege of Jerusalem. Luke 21:20 also supports this view.

So in essence there has already been a first and second fulfillment of this so-called prophecy. To suggest a third fulfillment in the last days (or in our time) is stretching things way to far.

I'm really just wondering if your study of prophecy has revealed that most scholars consider Daniel to have been written much latter than the traditional Christian view. If so, do you have reasonable evidence to support the traditional 5th or 6th century date?

pseudo

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

Yeah yeah

Been there, got the T Shirt... heard it all before.

You must have really taken notice of those four studies we had on the Reverlation book. I always remember my group study raving : ' WE'VE GOT IT ! WE'VE GOT IT, NOBODY ELSE KNOWS THESE THINGS'

Yeah right. As I have said before, give me an ounce of Magic mushrooms and I could come out with something along those lines also.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Rick-A, since you said it was a quick study and nothing is 100% sure, what harm is there in reading your opinion? Just because I read it, doesn't me I believe it. Since I believe in choices, that's your right to think as you do. At least your trying to understand Bible prophecy very much like assembling a puzzle together. I can only assume that your sharing your thoughts, so, what's the harm.

I often find that people who quote others disregard/demean the quotes of their competitors quotes. Why is it that we place a high value on our opinions and ridicule the opinions of others when it differs from ours?

I've read two interesting books by men who were Navy officers. I suggest you view the recommended books and draw your own conclusions. 'Pawns In The Game' by William Guy Carr and the other by Naval Intelligence, William Cooper, 'Behold A Pale Horse'. Whether this will aid you in understanding the 'Image of the beast' let me know.

Guest 77

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

• The beast engages just as an animal does
    • It isn't real, but imaginary (an image)
    • People (many) worship that image
    • And it is like a man
    • It is the worshippers who give it life

The beast (the image) is the god of those whose religion it is to obey - to avoid the lashing out - jws are just one among many religions that are involved in 'satisfying' the imaginary beast - many religious past and present would indeed kill you (i.e. in some manner) if you did not worship their image of a beast. Indeed, if you don't, you are also excluded from "buying and selling" - i.e. earning your salvation - if you choose not to worship an image of a beast, then you aren't into buying and selling spirituality - fact is, you don't even believe in the beast.

It's all in their heads, it's only an image, but to which they have become enslaved, and for which they may even kill you (if only functionally) if you won't worship it as well.

paduan

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It comes about from being guilty - the endeavour to satisfy that beast is projected against fellowman - because a beast justifies by deed, not faith.

When the imaginary beast is known - i.e. known to be a beast - hope may become totally lost (eg. leaving the org), but people "believe against hope" , and keep faith in goodness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit