What is your purpose or what do you wish to accomplish while a member of this board?

by Tenacious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

When I joined this forum I was seeking more people who felt the same way I did in terms of seeing the Jehovah's Witness Organization for what it truly was; a false prophet.

Once I found like-minded members I slowly started to open up and participate more in trying to help others that were also exiting mentally and physically.

Today, I offer support to anyone who desires it regardless of what they believe or not believe.

So what is your purpose on this board?

Support? Leaks? Exposure? Venting?

Trolling?

• brandnew
    brandnew

Ummmmm.......i like pizza.

And long walks on the beach.☺

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Nothing. Its just something to do.
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18
    During my dark teen days I felt so bad that I wanted to just end my life and be done with it. I found this forum and a lot of the members were very supportive. Now I'm studying at Uni Computer Science and I'm happy because soon i'll be able to fade away and never return to the cult. I hope I can return the favor to anyone who needs help. Thank you <3
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I came here a few years after my fade out of curiosity...a relative of an exJW friend said they had stopped disfellowshipping and I wanted to see if that was true, also I was curious how they were handling 2015, a hundred years plus one since their big false prophecy, were they going to change their stance? Well, disfellowshipping is going on strong, and they're STILL sticking to 1914.

But, i found that reminiscing here among people who have had very similar childhoods to mine is quite comforting, and also I stay to offer support to people going through dark and lonely times as they are trying to leave.

• a watcher
    a watcher
    I lurk here to gather info that is not on jw.org.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

My main purpose is to keep up with what's going on in JWdom, but also to learn more of the real history of JWdom and to analyze JW doctrine & policy. That is because JWdom so affected my life and still does.

As a JW, I was not allowed to really analyze JW doctrine & policy. I had to just accept and praise it. I was not supposed to research real JW history.

Another reason for being here is that I have found that there is a lot of good insight on this forum. I learn from a lot of people, even those I disagree with. I am still seeking, and reading all the views, comments, suggested readings, analysis, etc. has really helped me.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Morbid curiosity. Info about a train wreck in progress. Self congratulatory back pats for escaping while young(whew!). Encouragement for those trapped in. People who understand the perversity of family relationships in the org.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Self congratulatory back pats for escaping while young(whew!).
    Wish I would have done the same. Nevertheless, congrats!!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I'm always looking for ways to deal productively with JW family members.

And I try to give advice to those who are struggling if I feel like I have any insight to give.

And I've grown to really like a lot of you. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit