"Our Preaching has no Time Limit": wt talk outline.

by prologos 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

twice in the public talk this admission by wt was repeated from the official outline. so, and

you thought you were done with "service" by 2075 according to the overlapping anointed? --- assignments await you even in paradise.

help: perhaps someone could confirm this from the "walk with God" or similarly titled talk?

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Service assignments even after The Big A?

I'd rather die at The Big A thank you very much.

• Simon
    Simon

Don't forget - after the big A there's supposed to be another 1,000 years of service meetings and preaching before Jehovah, in his infinite wisdom, releases Satan to do it all again.

Most JWs think it's "boom", Armageddon, and then picking luxury houses to live in paradise.

They didn't read the small print :D

• steve2
    steve2

It's a bit like going to school and never graduating but still facing one test after another test after another.....and on and on - a recipe for exhaustion and tension for those brain-dead enough to keep buying the message of "you're-not-quite-good-enough-so-keep-doing-all-you-can-to-keep-putting-the-kingdom-first".

• prologos
    prologos

you all are paraphrasing paragraph 15 of today's wt "study". the 'Other Sheep' have only the prospect of being adopted *as children (not sons) and continue to serve-- in the new world.

not real children, only adopted, and then to be servants, Cinderella style ,I guess, forever. (the prince is already taken by the bride)

* question, if we are to be adopted after passing the final ( really then current) test after the reign, who does wt think, our good family was that we have to be adopted from?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Good grief...you'll NEVER be good enough, even in paradise!
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Simon said:2 hours ago
    Don't forget - after the big A there's supposed to be another 1,000 years of service meetings and preaching before Jehovah, in his infinite wisdom, releases Satan to do it all again.

After the thousands of boring, mind numbing meetings and thousands of hours in field service you needed in order to survive Armageddon,you now will need another 1,000 years of meetings and field service ( teaching all the resurrected). And, you still might not live in the new order. If that's not enough,Satan is still alive another THOUSAND YEARS to tempt you to disobey Jehovah.

What really bothered me was: Why would Jehovah kill off billions of people who disobeyed him but never killed off Satan? Why did Jehovah make it so hard even in the new order? HOW DID I EVER BELIEVE THIS CRAP?

• Simon
    Simon
    HOW DID I EVER BELIEVE THIS CRAP?

Yeah, it's crazy. Funny thing is they rarely mentioned the details of the 1,000 year reign much. You can see why!

Taking the common 'murderer' analogy, it's like allowing someone to abuse and kill your family to "prove" how right you are and that you are the better head of the house and then, after the court case, letting them out to do it all over again.

It's simply and INSANE belief system.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I always thought this teaching was really discouraging too. Just thinking, is there any other religion with a similar idea? Like, if you do go to heaven would it be a constant test and have a fear of being kicked out or whatever?
  • prologos
    prologos

Thinking back, the 'eternal lake of fire' was thought to always receive anyone who would be a future free-thinker, freedom lover and the past judgements were a reminder, a justification that in this eternal testing, that no more delays will be required before instant dispatch.

no time limit on our servitude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit