Top three reason for it to be cult and/or not the true religion.

by Powermetal4ever 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
  • Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

1. Special Language terms that only they know. ("The truth, the other sheep" etc)

2. Free critical thinking, charity outside the group and Questioning of doctrine or policy not tolerated.

3. Exclusion of individuals through shunning and acceptance from others that this practice demonstrates love.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Constant pursuit of $$$

Lack of real concern or care of others

Distortion of the bible mythology

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I find it interesting to ask "What is the opposite of a Cult ?"

I think that a few words come to mind that describe the opposite of a cult, and they would be a group within which there is Freedom, Openness, Honesty, and absence of Fear.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The fact that this monolithic religion does not ask or expect that involvement with them should make a kinder response to others/ or an improvement in oneself. I'm not talking about following rules, but the opposite. Being a believer should change one to be a kinder, more generous person to others. To improve the world around them in big or small ways. Not to give more to a religion or to quit smoking. To see others in need and want to help them. To BE a more useful human being in their community. The JW mindset is truly that such an idea is foolish and pointless if it extends beyond magazine distribution and cleaning the KH/serving the organization.

Any religion can have bad folks among them, but JW/wtbts lower the humanity of their faithful by listening to their spin on Christian life. It's perverse like ISIS. Like Nazis, like anyone who puts an ideology above humanity. It's intent is to pull you away from the larger family of man, not for you to contribute.

That is one thing, but it's a biggie.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    A focus on outward appearances and activity to "prove" ones spirituality.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Information control.

Lifestyle control.

Shunning.

Elevated class claiming Divine control.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Perry said "Claiming that Jesus is Mediator for only the 144K in Revelation was an unknown "gospel" to the apostles"

What was the known gospel to the apostles?

crazyguy said "the good news of Christ 1 corinthians chapter 15, to profess any thing other then the goods news," What is the good news?

Those are vague and undefined tests.

• Sabin
    Sabin

1) Abuse of authority. Use of position for their own benefit, often financial justifying themselves with a we deserve it attitude.

2) Blind Obedience. Must be obeyed before God. They deserve worship.

3) Segregation. Withholding info to all except a few worthy individuals. Estrangement from anyone outside the religion, family/friends this includes shunning, alienation, or persecution.

• Zoos
    Zoos

#3 - When I was a kid, door-to-door service cut in to Saturday morning cartoons.

#2 - When I was a kid, Sunday Watchtower study cut in to Casey Kasem"s American Top 40 Countdown.

#1 - Millions of apostates can't be wrong!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit