Does Anyone Have Knowledge About Follicular B Cell Lymphoma and Blood Transfusions?

by jamiebowers 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    She's convinced that chemotherapy doesn't work, and that her course of treatment is the Max Gerson diet, which includes coffee enemas and eating organic fruits and vegetables. From what I've read, this diet has not only been disproved as a cure for cancer, but also causes a host of health problems related to the unbalancing of electrolytes.

She might as well go see a witch doctor while she's at it.

Here's the good news regarding conventional treatment: "Almost 66 out of 100 people with stage1 diffuse large B cell lymphoma (66%) will survive for 5 years or more after they are diagnosed. And around 70 out of 100 people with stage 2 diffuse large B cell lymphoma (70%) will survive for 5 years or more.

Unfortunately the outlook for stage 3 and 4 diffuse large B cell lymphoma is less good. Over 50 out of 100 people with stage 3 (50%) will survive for 5 years or more. And almost 50 out of 100 people with stage 4 (50%) will survive for 5 years or more after their diagnosis. "

Her chances may drop down because she's older than 60 but the prognosis is pretty great using conventional treatment. To give a comparison, stage 4 non-small cell lung carcinoma only has a 1% five year survival rate, so a 50% survival rate for stage IV B cell lymphoma is actually quite sterling.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/type/non-hodgkins-lymphoma/treatment/statistics-and-outlook-for-non-hodgkins-lymphoma

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Yes, I know conventional treatment would probably extend her life quite a bit. But I can't find any stats on how long a life she'll probably have without treatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit