New rules for inactive ones?

by Lynnie 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Oh and by the way, at the time, the congregation that disfellowshipped their publisher was run by the elder whose story began this post! ~ Lost

It's not unusual for someone who has hidden sins or feels guilty about their conduct to be a hard ass when judging others. All this time, they are also in fact judging themselves harshly for the indiscretion. They just cant bear to face the consequences of repenting to someone (ie, elders) and they will often excuse it because they are saving someone else (wife, family , etc) the pain of dealing with the consequences they would have.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So I guess if you have an elder dad and Bethelite siblings you get a free pass?

Most certainly! My father one time told me, "If anyone tells you that favoritism, or family nepotism does not come into play for decisions made in the congregation you can bet they are either ignorantly naive, or they are lying!"

No wonder other brothers hated him.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Don't forget the "Green Handshakes " in the congregation as well. Since my father was an oil exce he was giving the Brothers money and we where treated like kings. That all changed when my father was asked for more favors.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's also because this is likely to be their only grandchild given your cousin's age and her sisters position (unless there's others you didn't mention). If she helps care for the father - even nominally - they'll use the old 'necessary business' clause🙄

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

According to the original post, the woman had faded some years ago and not doing anything about the Witnesses. As I recall, the congregation are under no requirement to seek her out and disfellowship her. If they knew about her they would likely ignore it.

It is not favouritism, it is the way the system works. As for the family, I agree that some would decide to shun her but they are not obligated to. These people seem more loving and practical than some Witnesses are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit