JWs, The WatchTower Society, Child Abuse and Disfellowshipping

by Simon 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Simon
    Simon

Something just struck me.

Is the WTS the only religion that won't kick people out for abusing children, but would kick you out for visiting a website that informs you that the WTS won't kick people out for abusing children ...

It really shows where their sensibilities lie. They are more interested in acting as gatekeepers to information, especially information about them, than providing basic levels of protection to the children of their members.

Maybe someone with a better turn of phrase can shorten it, it might make a good meme - something short and simple that really makes people think:

"The WTS - tougher on those who read reports of JW child abuse than on JWs who conduct child abuse"

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Simon:

"The WTS - tougher on those who read reports of JW child abuse than on JWs who conduct child abuse"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now there's a true statement!

If a JW were to warn others in the congregation about child abuse, they would disfellowship that person. But the one committing the crime can just deny it, and nothing will be done. Business as usual.

Atlantis!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

"The WTS - it's all about us"

or

"The WTS - protecting the organisation"

Image result for stephen lett

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As is the case for other religoius institutions, protecting the outward image of their organization was more of a pressing concern than protecting children from sexaul predators.

Add in the JWS copying the archaic Hebrew law for social rules of judgment, in there must be two witnesses without an admittance to an act and you have recipe for trouble.

JWs try to uphold a righteous and wholesome image around the organization and they do this in various ways and in various ways they fail to the detriment to the people who are involved with the organization..

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Break a window call the police. Break a child call the service desk.

• Searril
    Searril

Oh my, one of these days after smoking a fattie I'm going to watch one of the videos of that rubber faced moron on the governing body (can't remember his name). That has got to be an experience.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Watchtower locks in dogma and kills common sense - dead.

• rickroll
    rickroll

Steven lett is the rubber face idiot fuck tard

• blondie
    blondie

rickroll, I think you are holding back with your assessment of Steven Lett.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "The WTS is the only religion that won't kick people out for abusing children, but would kick you out for visiting a website that informs you that the WTS won't kick people out for abusing children..."

Damn, that's some next-level irony. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised no one's picked up on it, before.

Well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit