(Not so) Subliminal Shave Your Beard Message

by Funchback 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

The next thing you know the JW police will be wanting to know if you have or are shaving your pubic hair .

Jehovahs christian Witnesses cant be like the world in general or christendoms religions so off with your pubic hairs.

We have to be different Jehovah wants it that way.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In a recent WT gentile Christians without beards were portrayed as being shunned and mistreated by Jewish Christians including Peter with beards. See page 23:

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_magazines/31/w_E_201704.pdf

• zeb
    zeb

thanks Smiddy.

so what about the feminine practice of shaving legs? There must be a wt ruling on that what yes... no.... aarrrrgh!

• Chook
    Chook

WT probably got shares in gillette, that a persons spirituality can be measured on facial hair would even confuse god

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There was a recent "experience" that also mentioned "in passing" () new members having their tattoos removed, too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ smiddy...

Pretty sure they'd disapprove of pubic landscaping.

It is becoming more and more widespread "in the world", now.

:smirk:

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Wait......someone in my old hall told me beards are cool now, and he sports one IN THE HALL. Based off a recent WT. So i thought there was a bit of a loosening here no?

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

I'm not sure which is worse, JWs obsession with beards or exJWs obsessed with JWs obsession with beards.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    I don't know why the brothers don't simply end this ridiculous rule by growing their beards en masse. That would end this man made rule very quickly.
  • John Davis
    John Davis

I am sure some Witness men would want a beard but I really doubt that most would. Look at most settings just in the normal public, a small percentage of men have beards. I am sure that thing that most Witness men would like is not having to shave for every meeting more would take advantage of that but a full on beard I doubt there would be a large percentage of JW men that would do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit