Considering leaving? Not sure what to do?

by peacefulpete 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Agreed, people leave when they are ready. I left when the cognitive dissonance nearly killed me.

I, too, call it a church. At first I referred to "The Organization", but could no longer say that after the advent of JW . Org. Eliminating triggers is essential, the only thing I don't understand is why crosses trigger me.

I'm happy that you reconnected with your wife and are able to maintain a relationship with your parents. After being shunned for nearly four decades, my husband finally has some semblance of a relationship with his 90-year-old Dad. They speak on the phone every night.

• AshleyCollins
    AshleyCollins

That's good for you cuz you've got so many life experiences. and you have a wife and family. I was raised in the truth. I'm 24 , got baptized 5 years ago. I did because of Yahweh, because I wanted to belong to God, not to a men (what led me into this were my unfullfiled relationship expetations lol)... but I have always been more of a thinker ... I already knew about the Law of Attraction but not until last year since moving to a foreign country (into a house almost full of pioneers) I started to get more clarity and insight. My mom has always been a free thinker she attended different churches when we were a kids with my brother, and up to this date she still reads ages similar to this one I think and knows a lot of stuff. I guess she stayed because of the huge companion we could have in the future which we do actually and also because this is maybe the only religion that does ot agree with a cross and knows God's name ... Ahh but it is comlicated. In the last days I am doing a researches about similar churches to this one because I am curious how other people view faith. Like there's literally sooo many genuine people than most of the hypocrite jws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit