should shunning be reversed?

by kls 17 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

It is so sad when i read threads of persons finding their in a cult, and want out .Problem ,their family will shun them and ignore there own children and close family members.What if things were reversed? what if the person leaving this cult shunned their loved ones, letting them know they are being brainwashed and you don't want their sick beliefs being pushed on them all over again. I do believe cult members enjoy shunning , it makes them feel superior and they feel they are taking a strong stand just like the GB says to do .Give them a taste of what they dish out ,shun the jw, if they won't convert to using their own mind, shun them with out guilt . just steaming kls

• gumby
    gumby

kls,

What if things were reversed? what if the person leaving this cult shunned their loved ones, letting them know they are being brainwashed and you don't want their sick beliefs being pushed on them all over again

It wouldn't work....until they realized they were in a cult. If you shunned them they would only mock you. As long as they feel they have the truth....nothing will change their stance on the matter. You would be shunning them and they would take it as.....your either mad at them, or your feeling guilty, or Satan has already gotten to you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Should gninnuhs be reversed?..No,it`s too hard to read.....OUTLAW

• COMF
    COMF

Shunning in reverse would just mean that the society still has influence on your actions, your choices in life.

If you have loved ones who shun you, the course of wisdom is to treat them with patience, kindness and love.

• Sargon
    Sargon

LOL@ Outlaw

I'm against all shunning, wether by me or by others.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Yes shinning should be reversed. Send these poor deranged braindead relatives cards on their birthdays, wedding anniversaries and all holidays and send them gifts and call and leave messages and tell them how much you love them as often as possible. Be a real pest with acts of kindness and interest in their pathetic lives. At family gatherings, talk real sweet and warmly to the witnesses in the presence of other non-witness family and friends. Talk about their meetings and anything they are interested in. If they try to bring you back in the fold confess, in a loving tone, that you have simply outgrown all that cult stuff. Confuse the hell out of them. Maverick

• Englishman
    Englishman

I am a reverse shunner I'm afraid, and always will be, except for my JW mum.

Just this morning, I popped into Tesco's for my breakfast and saw a JW walking towards me. I gave him that very irritating (God! we Brits can really irritate, its a national treasure!) - slight pittying shake of the head and turned away, aware that he turned back to watch me walk away.

Loved it! Ha!

Englishman.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

So you mean, should shunning be reciprocated?

In private, it probably should. There's really no point talking to someone who won't talk back. But in public, there's nothing better than shouting across a crowded room "Hey Bob, how are you? Bob, hey Bob, it's me, over here, yoo-hoo..." etc. The louder the better so everyone is looking as "Bob" desperately tries to be invisible.

On a more serious note, my brother has recently begun shunning my father, and I'm considering pre-emptively shunning him (my brother) before he decides I'm worthy of the same treatment. It shouldn't be too difficult as I haven't spoken to him in about six months anyway and haven't seen him in over a year. Unfortunately that means I won't be able to see my nephew, and he needs an uncle because his father is such a dickhead. But I don't want to get attached to him, and then have him taken away when my brother "decides" that I'm not suitable association. I really don't know what to do. I'm angry and upset and I can just see years of pain ahead no matter what I do.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

what the heck?......

funkyderek says.."........but I don't want to get attached to him, and then have him taken away....."

what about your nephew, he still needs to know that his uncle is not the one that left him....

This brings back memories of my parents telling me that they did not want to get to know my children only to have to watch them die in armegedeon......

just my two cents,

Lisa

• gumby
    gumby
    But in public, there's nothing better than shouting across a crowded room "Hey Bob, how are you? Bob, hey Bob, it's me, over here, yoo-hoo..." etc. The louder the better so everyone is looking as "Bob" desperately tries to be invisible.

I love it. I don't do that cuz I'm such a sweetie.....but I really like that idea.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit