Meghan Markle Will Omit 'Obey' from Her Wedding Vows to Prince Harry

by AFRIKANMAN 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

good - no man owns her to be passed from man to man - she walked the aisle by herself and took the word obey out... well done!

• just fine
    just fine

Obey should be omitted from everyone’s vows. It’s a ridiculous, misogynistic, archaic vow that no woman should make. Obey was omitted from my vows twenty years ago.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I can understand why a truly modern women unshackled from archaic cultural norms would in principle refuse such a vow of abject servitude to the male component in this marriage. Hurrah for her and women's rights.

• waton
    waton

just thinking. not only Markle, but Merkel too, was not putting obedience to her husband at the top of the list.Queeen Victoria would be proud of them both.

• Listener
    Listener

For those that had their volume down too low whilst watching the wedding -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=SKV6h_5XFbk

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How ironic!

From this day forward, Meghan will be "obeying" the Royals in every action in her life unless she wants to end up like Princess Di (divorced and then dead).

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I never bought into the weaker vessel thing, even as a gullible kid. My wife and I are a team and a bloody good one at that.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Exactly DOC!

It's not Harry she will have to obey it's the royal family and their handlers right down to what nail polish she is allowed to wear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit