More casualties of the August 2002 KM

by funkyderek 24 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

My father has just become a grandfather for the first time and may never get to see his grandson because my brother has cut off all ties with him.
    My best friend was offered a free holiday by his parents so he would be away on the day of his sister's wedding.
    And what have these people done to deserve such heinous treatment? My father was disfellowshipped for adultery over twenty years ago, my best friend for smoking when he was seventeen.

I'm so mad I can't even put it into words properly. I want to scream, I want to lash out at the despicable bastards who instigated this policy, and the snivelling cowards who obey it without question.
    But what can I do? My relationship with my brother was strained anyway. My sister phoned him and he hung up on her after only a minute. Clearly, it would be impossible for me to talk to him about it, but I can't pretend that everything is OK. I won't condone his abusive behaviour. I realise this means I may never have a relationship with my nephew, but that's probably better than getting attached and then having him wrenched away when either my status or their policies change.

What should have been happy occasions for all concerned are marred by the Watchtower's anti-family policies.
    It's seven years since I've had anything to do with that cult, and they're still hurting me.

• dedalus
    dedalus

This stuff is getting out of control. It reeks of fanaticism. One of my quibbling pet peeves has been the ease with which people label Witnesses a cult -- I don't necessarily think that Witnesses constitute a cult, or that the label has any elucidating meaning when applied to them. But, when I read stuff like what you've written, and look around my own life a bit, the behavior smacks of cultish fanaticism.

It takes a weak mind and a cold heart to be a Witness -- that, or a religious influence so great it's akin to brainwashing. I just can't see it any other way.

Sorry about everything, FD.

Dedalus

• Francois
    Francois

Dedalus, there are about 20 identifying characteristics defining a cult. Jehovah's Witnesses display each and every one of them. There is a post to that effect back in the threads somewhere and the word "cult" is in the topic. If you really want to get a handle on whether or not JWs constitute a cult, find that thread and read away. You'll become a believer.

francois

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Sometimes I wish I could just beat sense into the bigwigs at headquarters. I have to wonder, do these mummies even breathe?

Inhuman bastards. God, I wish all pain and suffering on them for what they do to people.

ash

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Dedalus, there are about 20 identifying characteristics defining a cult. Jehovah's Witnesses display each and every one of them. There is a post to that effect back in the threads somewhere and the word "cult" is in the topic. If you really want to get a handle on whether or not JWs constitute a cult, find that thread and read away. You'll become a believer.

I am already aware of the 20 identifying identifying characteristics of a cult. I don't need to educate myself -- I've rationally reached my own conclusions after carefully considering things you insinuate I'm ignorant of. What's sort of silly about your response is that I was ringing the "they're a cult" bell in my response to FD.

If you want to send me a private message about this, go ahead. I really don't want to hijack FD's thread with this nonsense.

Dedalus

• rem
    rem

FD,

I'm sorry to hear this. I really don't know what to say... just wanted to let you know that I feel for you. We can only hope that someday our loved ones will wake up like we did.

rem

• Dansk
    Dansk

Funky, I feel for you - I really do. My two daughters STILL won't have anything to do with their mum or I, or their two brothers.

Right, enough of the bleating. Don't you all think it's time to open the 'Campaign Strategy' box?

There's enough pained people here on this forum to unite into something strong. Don't think we can't succeed because that's just not true. I for one am sickened to the back teeth of all the stories posted on the forum that echo Funky's pain in some way or other. If we don't do something the pain will go on and on and on and on........

And it isn't just us. There'll be a new generation that will have to go through the same pain. Well, I've had enough of the evil slave at Brooklyn. I'm becoming hard because they are hard. So, let's go for the so and so's.

Dansk

• berylblue
    berylblue
    There's enough pained people here on this forum to unite into something strong. Don't think we can't succeed because that's just not true. I for one am sickened to the back teeth of all the stories posted on the forum that echo Funky's pain in some way or other. If we don't do something the pain will go on and on and on and on........

Dansk,

What do you suggest we do? I'm game.

Beryl

• Dansk
    Dansk

Beryl,

Good to hear. I've sent you an e-mail.

Dansk

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    There'll be a new generation that will have to go through the same pain

That's what really gets to me, that my nephew will have to go through the same crap I went through, and that's if he's lucky. He could turn out like his father and pass the disease on to the next generation.

Well, I've had enough of the evil slave at Brooklyn. I'm becoming hard because they are hard. So, let's go for the so and so's.

I agree. I think it's time to step my apostasy up a gear. Have you got something in mind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit