Getting disfellowshipped to marry and return

by confused 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confused
    confused

Hi

I was just wondering if there is any official rules on dealing with this.

A sister in the congregation is planning to divorce her husband who is also a witness so she can marry a different brother in the same hall!

Yes this is a huge scandal! The thing is though, the don't plan to leave "the truth". They obviously know they will be dfed but believe they can just get reinstated when they are married in a few months!

Regardless of whether it is the truth or disfellowshipping is right or wrong what this pair are doing is disgusting. The woman who is leaving her husband has 2 young children.

The brother was only reinstated 2 months ago and didn't even know her before then!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if they will ever get reinstated and if there are experiences of this happening eleswhere.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember a situation like this way back in the 70's. A pioneer sister and an elder were having an affair, he conducted the watchtower on a Sunday and the letter was read that Thursday at their meeting about the both of them being DFd. They were both married, they got divorced and married and were reinstated.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jehovah's Witnesses have the same drives and failings as everyone else, they are no different. You present us with a few gossipy morsels about this couple none of us know but it's a very one sided account from an anonymous 3rd party who probably doesn't have all the facts.

What they are doing is none of your business.

To answer your question though, yes of course I've heard of similar situations. So what?

• confused
    confused

This isn't about gossip this is about watching two very selfish people who have known each other for about 6 weeks tear 2 families apart.

I am actually very much in the centre of the situation and was actually trying to find a Watchtower article or something to show them that this isn't going to work "Jehovah is not one to be mocked" and all that.

My study days with bound volumes are in the past as I've been inactive for years. Can't make sense of the app for research but people I love are in a lot of pain over this so no it is not idle gossip!!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Several couples we knew did this stuff and there was lots of outrage. Until the dust settled; anyone who said anything were given stern, silencing looks until they shut up, and everything went back to Pious.

No charge for dumb looks. AND we're back.

That's all there was to it. Unless the ones involved didn't have any elders in the mix.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Look in the w83 3/15 pp. 27-31, especially under the sub-title "Scriptural Divorce".

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I heard this saying when I was in "the truth":

Whatever goes on in "the world," goes on in the organization.

So true.

• fulano
    fulano

My sister did this in ninetees. Married to a brother. Meets a man that was raised as a witness. They fall in love, she leaves her husband, the new couple got married, go to the hall, and both complaining after a year they weren't reinstated. Took about two years. Soon after that he becomes inactive and a year ago he left her with her son because he met a younger woman.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This happened in the UK some years ago. The fella was a District overseer - I believe his name was Turnbull - and he and his lady love admitted to the DF'ing committee that they knew they'd be DF'd but planned to bide their time, get divorced and then married, then apply for reinstatement.

HO at Mill Hill were obviously involved and their edict to the JC was to stipulate that they would have to wait for 10 years before they could apply for re-admission.

• newsheep
    newsheep

There were two couples who were trading spouses and got found out. They were df'd and two and a half years later they were reinstated but for the last eight years they are not allowed any privileges except to clean the hall. Another couple out west fooled around. She was single and he was married with two kids. They were df'd. She was reinstated but he wasn't until four years later. Different halls, different rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit